No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiona Apple's new album Fetch the Bolt Cutters getting rave reviews.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Fiona Apple's new album Fetch the Bolt Cutters getting rave reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y-DH9_sZjOhgx8
      Gave a big chunk of it a listen. It's a little too scattershot for my tastes, but she's clearly very talented.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Did everyone see Puddle of Mud's version of "About A Girl" by Nirvana ... epic stuff

Comment

• Trying to play some background music while I work from home. It is too distracting in a good way.

Comment

• Crazy the bands that just slip by us. Took my daughter to see Blues Traveler this summer and was surprised that moe was the headliner and not Blues Traveler. Well, not surprised anymore. They blew them off the stage. I thought it might have been all the second hand smoke I inhaled but no. I have been on a long crazy moe journey ever since. Kind of sad I missed out all these years but catching up now. Anyone else fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
              Crazy the bands that just slip by us. Took my daughter to see Blues Traveler this summer and was surprised that moe was the headliner and not Blues Traveler. Well, not surprised anymore. They blew them off the stage. I thought it might have been all the second hand smoke I inhaled but no. I have been on a long crazy moe journey ever since. Kind of sad I missed out all these years but catching up now. Anyone else fans?
              I used to be but my interest faded. Still love this one though.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• That was the first song I listened to by them DMT . So diverse I can't imagine someone not finding something they like. No guts no glory has been in my "lockdown" rotation as well as Warts and All (especially disc 2) live album.

Comment

• NOLA's wwoz.org is streaming past Jazz Fest performances this weekend and next weekend.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Old song...old band...great new lockdown version:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Still on my "YouTube Train" that headed out of the John Prine station. Came back full circle andI discovered this fairly recent intimate concert. Gordon Lightfoot in the audience singing along is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

Comment

• no idea why but this song off YouTube felt really good today

Comment

• I feel obligated to post this instrumental called "Fresh Ducks" by Martin Miller.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A personal tribute to Prince from Micki Free's meditative & healing album: The Native American Flute as Therapy. Yes, the same Micki Free that is mentioned in the Dave Chappelle/Charlie Murphy comedy skit.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I freaking love this punk band IDLES. They throw in some lefty politics now and then, as this song contains the line "I put homophobes in coffins".

Their album from 2018 was one of my faves, and they have a new one coming out soon.

Here's a video from that album. Just popped up for me today and I thought it was cool.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• New album out from Lonnie Holley, the awesome experimental old blues/soul guy. This track is more traditional sounding than some of his other material, and I absolutely love it. The gravel in the voice matches the mood perfectly.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X