Will Smith vs Chris Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I think what we really saw (engaging armchair psychologist mode) was an example of psychological displacement. Will Smith was publicly humiliated when his wife came out and said not only was she boning other dudes, but that one of the dudes was some sort of long term "entanglement" (her word) with one of their son's friends. Yeah, that's gotta be pretty emasculating. In response, Will Smith apologized to her (uh....what?) and then they all of a sudden had an open marriage. Now, Chris Rock comes rolling around and makes a pretty innocuous joke at Jada's expense. He is just directing his anger at Chris Rock instead of the source. Obviously this is a total guess.
    A decent guess.

Comment

File this one under "I don't care at all about celebrities private lives and I don't really understand why anyone wants to".

Especially for catchers and pitcher. Mayyyyybe I'd want to know about a center fielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        A decent guess.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          File this one under "I don't care at all about celebrities private lives and I don't really understand why anyone wants to".

Especially for catchers and pitcher. Mayyyyybe I'd want to know about a center fielder.
          What no love for Closers?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            What no love for Closers?
            Are closers not pitchers?

Comment

Are closers not pitchers?
              Well Played...

PS. nice way to turn Abrams into Baz and Marte....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well Played...

PS. nice way to turn Abrams into Baz and Marte....
                I wish I could take more credit. Pauly is a beast.

Comment

I wish I could take more credit. Pauly is a beast.
                  And you STILL got a Marte!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And you STILL got a Marte!
                    These multiple marte’s remind me of will smiths

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I too am surprised. I am surprised that so many that have posted think it is ok for Chris Rock to make that statement. Should a comedian tease someone who lost their hair to chemo? GI Jane 4? I am pretty sure if you tried real hard you could see the difference between what comedians have done over the years and the very personal comment that was made to Jada. I am not saying that Will Smith should have done it. He should not have. I understand how it happened.
                      Maybe it's just my sense of humor, but when I was a cue ball during my chemo treatment and paler than a ghost, I would crack jokes all the time about it and definitely would not have cared if someone made a joke at my expense.

In fact, I remember we went to a Hibachi restaurant while I was undergoing treatment and I was wearing a hat. They did the big fire at the beginning, and I pulled off my hat and shouted "look what you did!" Actually, I think I scared the chef which was pretty fucked up of me now that I think about it. But, all of my family laughed so I totally crushed the joke if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Maybe it's just my sense of humor, but when I was a cue ball during my chemo treatment and paler than a ghost, I would crack jokes all the time about it and definitely would not have cared if someone made a joke at my expense.

In fact, I remember we went to a Hibachi restaurant while I was undergoing treatment and I was wearing a hat. They did the big fire at the beginning, and I pulled off my hat and shouted "look what you did!" Actually, I think I scared the chef which was pretty fucked up of me now that I think about it. But, all of my family laughed so I totally crushed the joke if you ask me.
                        Next Year's Oscars Host?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Next Year's Oscars Host?
                          Only if steve cohosts and does all the heavy lifting.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Only if steve cohosts and does all the heavy lifting.
                            I think that would be a killer duo! But can either take a slap like a champ?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

That is pretty epic. In rhetoric, that situation is called Kairos. You had a perfect spot for a tension relieving joke, and you nailed it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I think that would be a killer duo! But can either take a slap like a champ?
                                Seems I’m fixing to find out after Johnny Dickshot slashes my tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X