No announcement yet.

Dogs in Public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is only one option: steal the dog and take it with you to the grocery store.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      12 hours without food or water is not good. I would report them and let the authorities ask the questions.
      It's most likely that the dog (Cujo?) gets locked up when the workers arrive. So, only a few hours.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        It's most likely that the dog (Cujo?) gets locked up when the workers arrive. So, only a few hours.
        Seems likely.

But the prevailing opinion is that you should Karen them anyway.

Comment

Post #101 says more like 12 hours.

Do nothing for a couple of hours.

Comment

Post #101 says more like 12 hours.

Do nothing for a couple of hours.
            post 101 assumed 12 hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Seems likely.

I'll make sure not to Karen too hard the next time I see kids drowning a bag of kittens.

Are you serious that calling animal welfare on animals being abused is being a Karen? Isn't that what the service is for? How much abuse do I need to witness before I'm justified?How often do you lock your dog in a windowless space without food, water, sunlight, for hours at a time to the point you wouldn't want me working on your property and witnessing it? This is why I asked dog owners if this is truly abuse. I believe it is, but I've only heard speculation the dog was in the shed because I was there. Having worked the grounds 30+ times last year, never once hearing the dog in the shed, it's possible but seems unlikely.

My current plan is to stop by at the end of the day and throw pebbles at the shed from the back laneway. If the dog is still locked up through 8 hours, and possibly 20 hours from the night before, I'm gonna be Karen-ing.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Without even talking to the owners?

Man, I'm glad people don't make incorrect assumptions when working on my property and just call the authorities based on assumptions.
                12 hours is not an incorrect assumption. Complaints of this nature are confidential.

As a dog owner if my dog was outside and I did not know about it I would be happy if the authorities contacted me. I had one occasion years ago where my dog chewed threw my front door and got our while I was at work. He couldn't figure how to get back in. It was very cold. The officer took him to the pound and let me know. I also got a $50 ticket for my dog being on the street with expired tags. Even though he was on my front porch. I didn't like the ticket, but was happy my dog was safe. I fixed the tag issue right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  I'll make sure not to Karen too hard the next time I see kids drowning a bag of kittens.

Are you serious that calling animal welfare on animals being abused is being a Karen? Isn't that what the service is for? How much abuse do I need to witness before I'm justified?How often do you lock your dog in a windowless space without food, water, sunlight, for hours at a time to the point you wouldn't want me working on your property and witnessing it? This is why I asked dog owners if this is truly abuse. I believe it is, but I've only heard speculation the dog was in the shed because I was there. Having worked the grounds 30+ times last year, never once hearing the dog in the shed, it's possible but seems unlikely.

My current plan is to stop by at the end of the day and throw pebbles at the shed from the back laneway. If the dog is still locked up through 8 hours, and possibly 20 hours from the night before, I'm gonna be Karen-ing.
                  The Karen part is reporting it without just asking the owners.

Clearly you already think it's abuse, so why are you on a message board asking a question rather than calling? You left those pets in a situation you knew was abuse so you could post on a baseball message board?!?? You can't have it both ways.

Do you know it's abuse? Then call.

Do you not know it's abuse? Then do at least the minimum of asking a question of the owners.

Comment

12 hours is not an incorrect assumption.
                    What are you talking about?

Comment

Seems likely.

not Karen

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        There is only one option: steal the dog and take it with you to the grocery store.
                        Only if it's a St Bernard, ahh Cujo--now it all makes sense...
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

not Karen
                          You don't call Reacher anything but Reacher if you want to stay upright and above ground....
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

As long as it's a therapy boa constrictor, then it's ok.
                            What kind of therapy would a boa constrictor be used for? Uhh, Nevermind.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What are you talking about?
                              He said more like 12 hours which you read as an assumption where as I read it as approximation.

If there is no wrong doing the owner should be pleased someone was looking out for his pet. That was why I posted my experience.

You suggested I am Karen I am not.

But I am the guy that sometimes take his dog to the store. So what did you expect?

Comment

He said more like 12 hours which you read as an assumption where as I read it as approximation.
                                Huh? Reread it. He has no idea if the dogs were locked up before he got there and as maddux pointed out, it would be reasonable that they were not.

Certainly possible that they were, but assuming that? Seems like a terrible assumption. You have no basis to go on.

(separately the post was framed as if 9:30 were early in the morning so they must have been in there all night.... but most people are up before 9:30... so why was 9:30 relevant there?)

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                If there is no wrong doing the owner should be pleased someone was looking out for his pet. That was why I posted my experience.

You suggested I am Karen I am not.

But I am the guy that sometimes take his dog to the store. So what did you expect?
                                It's a Karen move to assume the person you are dealing with is scum and call the authorities on them rather than just asking a question. Is it not?

Does this conversation not remind you of all the Karen moments we've add over the last few years that could be framed as "if the black man wasn't doing anything wrong, he shouldn't be concerned about the police coming"... feels gross.

Comment

Working...
                                X