No announcement yet.

*Official Sports Wagering Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom Rays 3rd HR, took the Yankees for $5 at +800 so I will make about $40 now on either outcome. Now to watch some NBA and root for the same thing tonight with the Padres and Dodgers.

Comment

• Lakers went up 9 with 10 seconds left on my -7.5 points wager - and Heat throw up a garbage time 3-pointer with 1.1 seconds left to lose by 6.

can you imagine, say, betting 10 grand on the Lakers and that happens?

or even 10 bucks?

UPDATE: outhouse to the penthouse - took Rays -1.5 runs. they led 7-4 in the 9th.
      walk. walk. 3-1 count but K. K.
      single to make it 7-5.
      then groundout by Judge and vengeance is mine!

net net, I'm up over a dollar in spite of that kick in the 'nads on the Lakers, lol

and DK is willing to let me cash out on my Padres bet with a 61 cent profit but I say - LET IT RIDE!

UPDATE: now they'll let me slink away with 1/8th of my original wager. but do I believe in miracles? YES
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-06-2020, 11:45 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Played the fan duel double up hedge thing again today.

$50 Astros -116 FD. $44.76 A’s +108 DK could lose like $1.50 or if the Astros get a third hr now and win I get 42

$50 Dodgers -220 FD. Padres +210 $23.46. Again lose a buck or make 23

$50 Yankees -124 FD. Rays $40.56 +123 push or make $40

Didn’t love any of the boost bets so just going to root for This to hit at least once.

Did use the 20% draft kings 4 team baseball parlay on the braves astros rays and Padres. Very unlikely to hit but it’s $92 if it does.

Comment

• No sports tonight, but entered the free VP debate pool on DraftKings.

Questions like which candidate will interrupt first, which topic will be referenced first, will Trump or Biden be talked about first, etc.

Comment

• have a rare parlay - Rays and over 9 runs. maybe I should tune in...

meanwhile, HBO in 15 minutes on East Coast will debut: "'Wild Card: The Downfall of a Radio Loudmouth" - a doc about disgraced WFAN sports talk host Craig Carton, who went to prison for a bogus concert ticket Ponzi scheme and who was a degenerate gambler x 1000.

trailer seems promising: a Cinderella story this ain't

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              have a rare parlay - Rays and over 9 runs. maybe I should tune in...

meanwhile, HBO in 15 minutes on East Coast will debut: "'Wild Card: The Downfall of a Radio Loudmouth" - a doc about disgraced WFAN sports talk host Craig Carton, who went to prison for a bogus concert ticket Ponzi scheme and who was a degenerate gambler x 1000.

trailer seems promising: a Cinderella story this ain't
              Well, with Carton likely making a triumphant return, I guess crime does pay (and very well, I might add!)

In sports wagering news, bookies alerted authorities to possible match-fixing in the French Open.

"The Paris prosecutor's office announced Tuesday that it would be opening up an investigation into allegations of match-fixing during the 2020 French Open, according to a report from the Associated Press. Concerns stem from a women's doubles match that took place on September 30.

Concerns over potential match-fixing began when, according to reports from German publication Die Welt and French publication L'Equipe, large sums of money were being placed on Romanian players Andreea Mitu and Patricia Maria Tig to beat a team of Madison Brengle of the United States and Yana Sizikova of Russia in a particular match. The money reportedly came in from different countries, and centered around this part of their match [a broken serve].

According to a report in the German newspaper Die Welt on Monday, hundreds of thousands of euros were bet on a break of serve in the fifth game of the second set of the match with the score level at 2-2. Sizikova was serving and she was culpable for three of the points conceded as she lost her serve to love."

Comment

• If anyone else wants to jump in the braves marlins line works for that hr double up now.

Braves -130 on Fan Duel for $50

Marlins +128 on Draft Kings for $38.80

you lose $0.34 if anything but the Braves winning and hitting 3 HR's. happens but if it does happen you win $38

Comment

• Oct 8th Wagers
                  $5 Marlins ML - LOST
                  $5 Rays ML - LOST
                  $5 R.Jones >69.5 rush yds - WON $9.50
                  $5 R.Jones 1st TD - LOST
                  $5 Montgomery <49.5 rush yds - WON $9.50
                  $5 Evans >62.5 rec yds - LOST
                  $10 live ML bet on the Bucs - LOST

Total wagered: $40
                  Total payout: $19.00
                  Total +/-: ($21.00)

Ugh, Jones came up just short of the 1st overall TD. Then I made a stoopid live bet on the Bucs when they were up 19-17 with 2 minutes to go.

Comment

• If you like a pure value play Ronald Jones is +260 on Draft Kings to score 2 Touchdowns but on Fan Duel he is +600. I put $5 on that.

Comment

• Fox Bet running a solid promo for Sunday:

PHI-PIT -- 3x if both teams score a TD in both halves. Max $50 bet.

Steelers have a TD in every half of their 3 games. Eagles have a TD in 6 of their 8 halves. That's 14 out of 16 so far this season, or 86%. But only in one of three games each week, or 33%

Last season, they both scored TDs in both halves in only 5 of 16 weeks, or 31%. So both seasons to date, it's hit in just 6 of 19 games, or 31%. So maybe not the slam dunk bet I thought it was at first glance.

Comment

• I hit on one of those HR things and took the profit and am taking a shot on the Rays at +140 on Fan Duel. I still might hedge somewhere, but might want to have some fun and just root against the Yankees.

No nba odds boost anywhere yet that is an Arb. bet.

Comment

• would anyone ever consider betting a decent amount on the hated team as a hedge?

probably would be something like $10 to $200 depending on one's finances.

not quite enough to make you root for your bet - but just enough so that if the hated team wins, it feels like a modest consolation prize.

hmm, I can do Yankees at minus 1.5 runs for $25:

- Rays win, I'm ecstatic

- Yankees win by 2+ runs, I put an extra $28.75 in my pocket and keep my $25

- Yankees win by 1 run - wait, Houston we have a problem and I don't just mean the Astros lol

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• went in on Rays and OVER 7.5 runs

so even if NYY wins I might be able to salvage the runs line at least

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• ok, small loss tonight but overall in series I won 6 large

assuming "6 large" is 6 dollars - if so, I also won a quarter on top of that.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Rays at +140 for 50 pays $120. F the Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X