The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I feel that the music of the Doors has not stood the test of time as well as the other big acts from the same time frame.

I have always liked their music, but very rarely listen to them. Is it just me?
    I took a poll from another group of music junkies: Are the Doors in the top tier? The final tally was six yays (including mine) and four nays. I'd do one for Rush but would get laughed out of the group.
    Last edited by DMT; 03-01-2020, 11:17 PM.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I took a poll from another group of music junkies: Are the Doors in the top tier? The final tally was six yays (including mine) and four nays. I'd do one for Rush but would get laughed out of the group.
      I like the Doors, just rarely listen to them anymore.

Not everyone can appreciate the brilliance of Rush!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The numbering from that Fleetwood Mac song on down are all messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I hope your Weezer shortlist isn't Undone now.
          Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I almost reaction picked it ...
          You have slow reactions
          Last edited by Ken; 03-02-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Glad someone got the hint and I won't be the first to take a Buddy Holly song! "Peggy Sue" was one of three I was considering.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Some cool picks today. I especially like the Weezer tune and Green Day epic.

And of course Buddy Holly is great
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                You have slow reactions
                I aint no reactionary bitch!

Comment

• Paul snakes me on Wild Thing. But it was my own fault. I was choosing between Peggy Sue and Wild Thing. Had to go with Buddy.

Nice pick Paul.

Comment

• Why the "The"? Smashing Pumpkins is an action.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Lucky Man is their best an a steal this late.

Comment

• Glad someone finally took the most iconic 80s song!
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Glad someone finally took the most iconic 80s song!
                          It asked, Revo delivered.

Breakfast anyone?

Comment

• She's a Rainbow! Great pick.

Comment

• Stuck in the Middle with You. Nice one, revo. I was just waiting until 6:56 to take that one myself. smh.
                              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                                Stuck in the Middle with You. Nice one, revo. I was just waiting until 6:56 to take that one myself. smh.
                                It was ok my list too but glad someone else took it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X