The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    I always forget that so I immediately edited my post and did what you said...and it still did this ��. Probably going to use my desktop from now on.
    Delete any previous hyperlink, and just copy/paste the youtube url direct from the browser into the link ... that is, the link that opens after the video icon is pressed.

I think it doesn't work if you copy/paste a hyperlink.

Comment

• Lunatic Fringe is a cool tune. Nice pick.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "House of the Rising Sun" should've been on my list, great pick.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          "House of the Rising Sun" should've been on my list, great pick.
          As much as it's an epic version, I want it because of that awkward as fuck video.

Comment

• Get your big haired power pop 70's / 80's anthems while you can. I'ma coming for you today. 2 down, 3 more to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              As much as it's an epic version, I want it because of that awkward as fuck video.
              LOL. Had the best audio of the Animals versions I listened to, so I chose that one.

DMT - Thanks! They're another one of those groups I never got into much, but loved that specific song.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Men at Work was a strong consideration ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Men at Work was a strong consideration ...
                  I figured as much.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I have always maintained that "Hysteria" is one of, if not the best, pop/rock album out there. Cool pick.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Shocking that "Satisfaction" lasted this long.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Thick as a Brick was going to be on my list sometime between now and the end of the day.

Given our musical taste differences I was surprised that it was Mith who beat me to it. Well done sir well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Thick as a Brick was going to be on my list sometime between now and the end of the day.

Given our musical taste differences I was surprised that it was Mith who beat me to it. Well done sir well done.
                          Tull rocks! Nice to see another one who appreciates a long prog musical journey.

Comment

• I know Beasties probably questionable on the rock and roll classics angle, but screw it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              I know Beasties probably questionable on the rock and roll classics angle, but screw it!
                              I type this is a calm and respectful voice.

Are you kidding me?

If I wasn't outvoted I would veto this one.

I am shocked with how many good tunes you have thrown up that you would post this one.

But to each his own.

Carry on and have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I type this is a calm and respectful voice.

Are you kidding me?

If I wasn't outvoted I would veto this one.

I am shocked with how many good tunes you have thrown up that you would post this one.

But to each his own.

Carry on and have fun.
                                I figured this would be the reaction haha

Comment

Working...
                                X