The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Spark is a fantastic jam!

Africa is one of those songs that I always listen to when it comes on the radio.

Rain Song is one my least favorite Zep tunes. Still a great song, but I hardly ever listen to it.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Low Spark is a fantastic jam!

Africa is one of those songs that I always listen to when it comes on the radio.

Rain Song is one my least favorite Zep tunes. Still a great song, but I hardly ever listen to it.
      Wait til I start into a few Zep deeper cuts...there are some great songs that have never been on the radio ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Wait til I start into a few Zep deeper cuts...there are some great songs that have never been on the radio ever.
        Excellent! I have a few of those lined up too!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Double win for me. Keeps you out of my list and maybe expands my minds music catalog.

Comment

What's so amazing to me about that song is that it's one of my all-time favorites yet I can't stand any of their other songs. I picked up their "Greatest" hits and it was just astounding how awful I thought they all were. If anyone is planning on taking another Toto song, my apologies in advance.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              What's so amazing to me about that song is that it's one of my all-time favorites yet I can't stand any of their other songs. I picked up their "Greatest" hits and it was just astounding how awful I thought they all were. If anyone is planning on taking another Toto song, my apologies in advance.
              I really enjoy the entire Toto IV album. And a few other Toto songs are huge favorites of mine.

Comment

I really enjoy the entire Toto IV album. And a few other Toto songs are huge favorites of mine.
                Alright, if you pick one I hope I can see hear it from a new perspective.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

I hope I can see hear it
                  Turns out the 6th sense is just a combination of two of the more commonly understood senses.

Comment

Ah, now I see.

I was wondering about that pick as it didn't seem consistent with your norm.

Agreed this is their best and the rest...not so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Turns out the 6th sense is just a combination of two of the more commonly understood senses.
                      And all this time I thought it was a movie.
                      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I've always wanted to experience synesthesia but it continues to elude me. So I have to settle for random mistypes.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Other than not being able to pass up FREEBIRD, I think today is going to be a prog rock kind of day.

Comment

• Great pick with Ziggy. And just FYI, if you click the 'insert video' button and paste that link into it, the video will post right on RJ instead of opening a new window/app.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I always forget that so I immediately edited my post and did what you said...and it still did this ��. Probably going to use my desktop from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                I always forget that so I immediately edited my post and did what you said...and it still did this ��. Probably going to use my desktop from now on.
                                That's odd, I've posted all mine from my phone.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X