• Show
Clear All

Funny how DSOTM was picked on the same day as this

Chang'e-4: China mission launches to far side of Moon

Comment

Originally posted by steve 2.0 View Post
      check post #23
      witch!!!
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Funny how DSOTM was picked on the same day as this

Chang'e-4: China mission launches to far side of Moon
        I saw that too & wondered if it would nudge anyone into taking it ... then again it probably is the most t-shirted album cover of all time ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          I saw that too & wondered if it would nudge anyone into taking it ... then again it probably is the most t-shirted album cover of all time ...

Comment

It's a pain in the ass to get images from source these days. Took me 6 attempts to find a page that allowed me to link the the image I wanted, just opted for Discogs in the end.

Comment

That's a great pick Lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                That's a great pick Lucky.
                easily one of the greatest NSFW covers released

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...50-years-later

Comment

I was debating for my first pick between Candy O, Whipped Cream or King Crimson. With my draft position I thought I would get 2 our of 3. I was wrong.

Nice picks Lucky and Trana.

Comment

And you. Thought I’d still get Candy O at 2. Plan B, I guess....

Edit to add: Lucky gets the honorary Star Trek geek award for his #2 pick!
                    Last edited by chancellor; 12-08-2018, 09:46 AM.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I thought about sitting on Whipped Cream for a while, but after watching all the great picks that fell I had to go ahead and grab it.

Way too early for Spock, but it has always been a sentimental favorite. I'm guessing I'm the only one here who actually owned the long player.

For the Star Trek fan, it might qualify as the best cover on the worst album.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        I thought about sitting on Whipped Cream for a while, but after watching all the great picks that fell I had to go ahead and grab it.

Way too early for Spock, but it has always been a sentimental favorite. I'm guessing I'm the only one here who actually owned the long player.

For the Star Trek fan, it might qualify as the best cover on the worst album.
                        The Santana cover is my favorite cover of all time. While I like the music I doubt it would make my top 100 albums musically.

I was willing to wait on it if I could get Candy O, Whipped Cream, and King Crimson ahead of it. I didn't think this crowd would jump on it. Once the other two were gone I could not take the chance.

Comment

• The Santana cover was on my very short list. It is also one of my favorite albums. Nice pick all the way around.

We are rolllllling through this end of the draft list. Let's keep it going.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• ITCOTKC is one of my favorites and didn't expect it to make it back.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• That thread is useless without pics...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                That thread is useless without pics...
                                Huh? The draft thread has pics.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X