No announcement yet.

Best album covers draft - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we can consolidate some of the categories, how does this look?

1. Best/Iconic
    2. Worst/Cringeworthy
    3. NSFW/Rawr
    4. Overrated/best album w/bad cover
    5. Best cover terrible album
    6. Synergistic (Perfect Visual Representation of the Music Inside)
    7. Best cover w/artist pictured
    8. WTF/LOL
    9. Cover you only discovered because of this draft
    10-14: Wildcards
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

guys, I'm going to have to pass, I'll be on the road next week and then a while after that
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I try to avoid terrible albums, so I'm not sure how I'm going pick a terrible album with a great cover, but I like the rest of the categories.

I move to split WTF?! and LOL. LOL = clever humor. WTF?! = "What drugs were you on that made you think this was a good idea?"

Just my $.02. Finalize, and let's roll!
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          I've never been a fan of hyper-sexualizing women in demeaning fashion to sell music to dopey, horny teenage boys. Not even when I was a dopey, horny teenage boy.
          I'll just go stand over here in the corner.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

I like the categories. OF course, the best cover, terrible album works for me since I can choose from Rush's entire catalog.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I like the categories. OF course, the best cover, terrible album works for me since I can choose from Rush's entire catalog.
              If a Rush burn is made but mith isn't present to respond, did it really happen?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Just "Thanks!"......wow.........
                Sorry....thanks, my furry friend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  I'll just go stand over here in the corner.
                  Wait, what is Steve doing over there? ... uhhh ... is that a Vixen album he has with him? ... ewwwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    I try to avoid terrible albums, so I'm not sure how I'm going pick a terrible album with a great cover, but I like the rest of the categories.

I move to split WTF?! and LOL. LOL = clever humor. WTF?! = "What drugs were you on that made you think this was a good idea?"

Just my $.02. Finalize, and let's roll!
                    this - and lets go

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                      this - and lets go
                      I don't have my list ready yet.

Is this going to be like those vintage drafts with letters and stuff?

Comment

Would someone remind me of the process to post an image from discogs to here? I always screw that up.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Would someone remind me of the process to post an image from discogs to here? I always screw that up.
                          Insert Image/From URL >>>> make sure the box that says "Access Locally" is NOT checked

Comment

Alright 1J and fresno are both out so that leaves us with 12.

DMT
                            Redbirds
                            Chance
                            Swampy
                            Revo
                            Johnny
                            Señor
                            Overkill
                            Steve
                            Gris
                            Trana
                            Gregg

Someone PM me a list of numbers and names and we can get started. Here are the roster slots.

1. Best/Iconic
                            2. Worst/Cringeworthy
                            3. NSFW
                            4. Overrated/best album w/bad cover
                            5. Best cover terrible album
                            6. Synergistic (Perfect Visual Representation of the Music Inside)
                            7. Best cover w/artist pictured
                            8. WTF
                            9. LOL
                            10. Cover you only discovered because of this draft
                            11-14: Wildcards
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

NAMES SENT

Someone else needs to send a randomized numbers list between 1 and 12 to DMT.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                NAMES SENT

Someone else needs to send a randomized numbers list between 1 and 12 to DMT.
                                Done!!

Comment

Working...
                                X