Yoga, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga, anyone?

might be the most unlikely of my threads since the mannequin (but heck, baseball season is over, so...).

always thought of yoga as too new-agey mumbledygook.

but flexibility benefits?

hmm. late 50s, 6-foot, 195 lbs, knees are good, back is fine, neck range of movement now so-so.
    no pains, but officially "severe osteoarthritis." Tin Man Syndrome. no limitations, I even hike, but I say "OY!" a lot when I do.

any upsides or downsides here?

my nephew and his fiancee swear by it.

should I bring Mandy to a first session as cover?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Not for many years. I was struck about a decade ago by a group of photos of Luba Shumeyko doing several difficult poses nude. Other than that I gave it up as a teen.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Nope. I loathe exercise, unfortunately, and particularly hate group exercise/classes. The only way I've been able to remotely stick with anything is to schedule a private session with a trainer once a week.

Comment

Only downside risk that I've seen with friends is getting into a class too advanced for your beginner level, or getting into some sort of fad yoga (like hot yoga). I'm not into it, but have a number of friends who are, and those are the only two negatives I've seen.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Took classes about 10 years ago when I was mid 40s. Really helped my softball game that year and I enjoyed the classes. Now that I have hit 55 I have started searching for another class - nothing fancy, just a beginner class where I'm not too embarrassed being the old fat guy.

Comment

upside: sweaty flexible hot chicks

downside: ........
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Nope. I loathe exercise, unfortunately, and particularly hate group exercise/classes. The only way I've been able to remotely stick with anything is to schedule a private session with a trainer once a week.
              With all the garbage in the news today, I totally read "particularly hate group exercise/classes" in the wrong way. I was thinking, "Of course B-Fly is against hate group's exercises." Ahh, the brain...
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                With all the garbage in the news today, I totally read "particularly hate group exercise/classes" in the wrong way. I was thinking, "Of course B-Fly is against hate group's exercises." Ahh, the brain...
                LOL. Yeah, re-reading my wording I can see it.

Comment

Working...
                X