Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I love Q23/3 moves ahead!

and yes, we STTTTTIIIIIILLLLLLLL need to get together!
    let me know when this is happening... they always are happy when I show up at the SF office for the day.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

okay, derailing further since you're both here - Kim's performing Thursday-Sunday in SF if you're around. Let me know and I'll see about getting you comped seats. Otherwise, if we're going to let Heye come, we should actually plan something ahead so he can make it. I'm busy the rest of this week, but I'm earning enough goodwill that I can get away pretty much any day in the future.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        okay, derailing further since you're both here - Kim's performing Thursday-Sunday in SF if you're around. Let me know and I'll see about getting you comped seats. Otherwise, if we're going to let Heye come, we should actually plan something ahead so he can make it. I'm busy the rest of this week, but I'm earning enough goodwill that I can get away pretty much any day in the future.
        I'm back in DC/Philly until next tuesday (8/14)
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          where is she performing? I know I'm tangled up this weekend but potentially thurs or friday (must check with social director)

lets figure out a heyelander date for after the 14th
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            where is she performing? I know I'm tangled up this weekend but potentially thurs or friday (must check with social director)

lets figure out a heyelander date for after the 14th
            The Hotel Nikko, a couple blocks from Union Square. Shows are https://www.ticketfly.com/search/?q=kim+nalley if you see one you like.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm sure all of you have seen the terrible tragedy at a Madden 19 event in Jacksonville. Horrifying. I just read that one of the victims won the Madden 17 Classic, and he was highlighted in the game a couple of years ago. Just unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm sure all of you have seen the terrible tragedy at a Madden 19 event in Jacksonville. Horrifying. I just read that one of the victims won the Madden 17 Classic, and he was highlighted in the game a couple of years ago. Just unreal.
                I thought I read that the perpetrator won in 2017. The whole thing is awful. Florida seems to have become the epicenter for senseless mass shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  I thought I read that the perpetrator won in 2017. The whole thing is awful. Florida seems to have become the epicenter for senseless mass shootings.
                  No, it was one of the victims (“Spotmeplzz”). Madden 17 even had his team available in packs. Just terrible.

Comment

Working...
                  X