No announcement yet.

playlist - how about some power pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really surprised I'm the first to mention both of these groups because they were the first two that came to my mind.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      I want some help with a power pop playlist - let's craft one

Here is a start

Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-U2X2yHpOo&ibss=1

New Radicals - You get what you give - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE&ibss=1

Len - Steal my Sunshine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fz...e_polymer=true

Happy pop music - jangly guitars - maybe some good harmonies - fun - etc

add some with links or youtubes
      If you want some actual power pop - "a genre of popular music inspired by 1960's British and American pop and rock music, with strong melodies, crisp vocal harmonies, economical arrangements, and prominent guitar riffs" - then Velvet Crush's Teenage Symphonies To God is a must-own record, particularly for Matthew Sweet fans. A great lost power pop classic from 1994 - enjoy!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Also from 1994, and probably even more obscure - Rapple Dapple from The Greenberry Woods:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

But if you just want some random power pop songs for a playlist:

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
            If you want some actual power pop - "a genre of popular music inspired by 1960's British and American pop and rock music, with strong melodies, crisp vocal harmonies, economical arrangements, and prominent guitar riffs" - then Velvet Crush's Teenage Symphonies To God is a must-own record, particularly for Matthew Sweet fans. A great lost power pop classic from 1994 - enjoy!

Great album
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

sheep - lots of good calls there

I didnt know about Velvet Crush and will check them out

We forgot about these mods

Comment

I've always heard the term but never knew exactly what it meant. This thread has not helped at all

Does this count?

Comment

How did we get this far in the thread without mentioning Teenage Fanclub?

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

And

Comment

And

Comment

Thermals

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Ash - Girl from Mars
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Guided by Voices - Surgical Focus
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

The Pixies - Gigantic

Comment

Jesus and Mary Chain - Head On

Comment

Working...
                                X