X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playlist - how about some power pop

I want some help with a power pop playlist - let's craft one

Here is a start

Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-U2X2yHpOo&ibss=1

New Radicals - You get what you give - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE&ibss=1

Len - Steal my Sunshine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1fz...e_polymer=true

Happy pop music - jangly guitars - maybe some good harmonies - fun - etc

add some with links or youtubes

Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne (2003)

Comment

Switchin' to Glide - The Kings (1980)

Comment

Generals & Majors - XTC (1980)

Comment

The Way to Your Heart - Soulsister (1988)

Comment

Perfect Way - Scritti Politti (1986)

Comment

Paul Collins, the king of power pop

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

The entire "Hysteria" album.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

one most of you probably have never heard

Robert Seidler, "Christian Boy"

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

3 that define the genre for me

Plimsoles, Million Miles Away

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, I Need to Know

and for me the song that defines "Power Pop"

The Kinks, "What I like about you"

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne (2003)

I agree, Stacy's mom has got it going on!

Comment

I'm not exactly clear on the definition of "power pop" so i'm not sure if this qualifies. But, this is uptempo with guitar and i like it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Beatles - Paperback Writer.

I think this was one of the first great examples.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Big Star - September Gurls

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X