No announcement yet.

Official Sexual Harrassment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more down...John Conyers will not seek re-election, according to sources...

And I don't believe for a single second that ONE incident derailed Keillor's career. No corporation fires a decades long employee over something that seemingly innocent. Certainly not in this litigious world that we currently live in...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      One more down...John Conyers will not seek re-election, according to sources...

And I don't believe for a single second that ONE incident derailed Keillor's career. No corporation fires a decades long employee over something that seemingly innocent. Certainly not in this litigious world that we currently live in...
      You may be right. Almost every case so far has ended up being about multiple bad acts and multiple victims. In Keillor's case, though, earlier reporting is saying this is the only complaint so far and that MPR acted based on just this complaint. A factor might be that Keillor seemed to have one foot out the door anyway. He seems content to retire without a fight, and so maybe that is is part of their decision? IDK. I don't know the guy and if recent revelations have taught us anything is that lots of men can have a nice public persona but be predatory a-holes behind the scenes. So, it won't surprise me if more comes out about him. I was just surprised at his firing based on what the early reports indicate.

And that is good about Conyers, but he should have been retiring anyway given that is he pretty out of it these days. I'd like to see him go away right now, but I know that isn't going to happen, so this is the next best thing.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-29-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• I had an interesting experience last night. I work in, live across the river from and went to the same high school as Garrison. Last night, as I was in one of the local Main Street businesses, a reporter from the Star Tribune stopped in looking for reaction from the hometown crowd. I was with three women, and the three of them did not want to go on record with their thoughts on the topic. After the reporter left, we had a great discussion, and we all agreed that continual exposure of the harassers is a good thing.

Their biggest concern is that as some of the allegations that come out (like the one against Garrison) is that true victims will lose their voice, and some of these allegations are doing more harm than good.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• i had my ass grabbed by a guy on a train once. i was 17 years old and tripping my balls off on the T on my way to see fireworks in boston on the 4th of july. i turned around and looked behind me but there were only guys. didn't think it was an accident since everyone was just standing there. if anything i thought someone was like this guy is tripping grab his ass and mess with him. you can tell when it's an accident.

and then someone yelled, who likes big tits! and everyone went yeah! a different girlfriend was with me, who has small boobs, so i felt self-conscious for her.

come to think of it i once grabbed a girls ass on halloween when i was like 13. but that's just kids stuff. i think she liked me. so it didn't matter. idk

i became friends later in life with a guy that told me he grabbed a womans ass at her wedding that turned out to be one of my past girlfriends. he was the best man. she had the reputation as a slut, sort of, but i considered her one of my main GF's. i went out with her for a year. so i didn't like to hear that very much. i came across a lot of guys that went out with her. one time a guy was stalking her and i saw him hitchhiking. so i picked him up and gave him a ride, we didn't talk about her, but he knew who i was and i had gone out with her. i don't think he stalked her afterwards. i met the guy that married her once, he was like 'you went out with him too!" but i considered myself different because i would go out of my way to protect her. because i knew her.

Comment

• Two more accusations against Franken today...both Pre-Senator, but the pattern is impossible to ignore now.

GTFO Al...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Two more accusations against Franken today...both Pre-Senator, but the pattern is impossible to ignore now.

GTFO Al...
              I'm now fully on board the GTFO Al train.

Comment

• My bad...it was only 1 incident that came out today.

Another woman is accusing Sen. Al Franken of sexual misconduct, saying he cupped her breast during a photo op while she was deployed in Kuwait, CNN reports.

Stephanie Kemplin of Maineville, Ohio, said she was stationed in the Middle East during the Iraq War and met Franken, a comedian at the time, while he was visiting troops with the USO. She's the fifth woman in the last two weeks to accuse the Democratic senator of misconduct.

Kemplin told CNN that when Franken put his arm around her, "he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast."

She said the touching lasted between five to 10 seconds. "It was long enough that he should have known if it was an accident," she said.

Kemplin said she eventually turned her body to shift Franken's hand off her breast before their picture was taken.

The Ethics Committee proceedings are typically kept quiet. But the six committee members said in a joint statement they were publicly confirming the misconduct inquiry.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• See that there is funny!
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• The tide hits closer to home as Gregg Zaun was fired as a Blue Jay TV analyst after numerous sexual harrassment claims.

Comment

• Geraldo Rivera accused.

Bette Midler accuser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Geraldo Rivera accused.

Bette Midler accuser.
                          Geraldo was speculated to be next, as he had already unleashed a tweetstorm about the flurry of allegations in general being a witch hunt.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            The tide hits closer to home as Gregg Zaun was fired as a Blue Jay TV analyst after numerous sexual harrassment claims.
                            I wish I could remember the things Zaun said or did that gave the viewer a sense of his scumminess, but it's been on display for a long time.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              The tide hits closer to home as Gregg Zaun was fired as a Blue Jay TV analyst after numerous sexual harrassment claims.
                              I wish I could remember the things Zaun said or did that gave the viewer a sense of his scumminess, but it's been on display for a long time.

EDIT: Here it is!

The rich girls from TO must be home from college. Tubby, unfortunately manish, and super stuck up are all at Hemingways tonight

— Gregg Zaun (@greggzaun) December 19, 2012

Comment

• Conyers "retired" today and endorsed his son to take his spot, lol.

Latest accused: Danny Masterson ("That 70's Show") was canned from Netflix's 'The Ranch' after various rape allegations

Comment

Working...
                                X