Official Sexual Harrassment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Frequency Kenneth?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      What's the Frequency Kenneth?
      That was Dan Rather.

Comment

• what exactly does perp walked mean?

..i once had this idea for an issue of playboy called the women of Jamestown, or the women of Isabella, where you have attractive 14th century women dressed in colonial clothing. you know, the kinds of blouses that push their bosoms together and show a lot of bare naked shoulders. sure they'd be filthy, and angrily yell things like ' she's a witch, burn her!', but they'd be fierce and wild which would add to the allure. they could have beauty contests between Spanish and English. it would be arousing yet historically educational.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          what exactly does perp walked mean?

..i once had this idea for an issue of playboy called the women of Jamestown, or the women of Isabella, where you have attractive 14th century women dressed in colonial clothing. you know, the kinds of blouses that push their bosoms together and show a lot of bare naked shoulders. sure they'd be filthy, and angrily yell things like ' she's a witch, burn her!', but they'd be fierce and wild which would add to the allure. they could have beauty contests between Spanish and English. it would be arousing yet historically educational.
          A perp walk is essentially where the cops parade the accused in front of the media, cameras and anyone else in the line of sight. It's pretty much reserved these days for cities/counties where the jail is separated from the courthouse, and even then they don't do it too often. They'll stuff the perpetrator (hence perp walk) into a car and drive directly to the courthouse, where's there's often a garage to pull into. There's almst always a back stairway to and from the courtroom as well, so the perp isn't in any danger from the public.

Perhaps the most famous "perp walk" was Lee Harvey Oswald...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• oh. for some reason i saw it as perv-walked instead of perp-walked, which caused me to wonder what kind of debauchery are they publishing in Wapo these days..

Comment

• i kind of picture Tom Brokaw wearing a pink tutu, parading around in front of everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                A perp walk is essentially where the cops parade the accused in front of the media, cameras and anyone else in the line of sight. It's pretty much reserved these days for cities/counties where the jail is separated from the courthouse, and even then they don't do it too often. They'll stuff the perpetrator (hence perp walk) into a car and drive directly to the courthouse, where's there's often a garage to pull into. There's almst always a back stairway to and from the courtroom as well, so the perp isn't in any danger from the public.

Perhaps the most famous "perp walk" was Lee Harvey Oswald...
                Off topic, I know, but: The most disgusting and shameful prep walk I have ever seen was when Cyrus R. Vance Jr. decided to arrest and chain gang perp walk 10-15 Asian employees out of the Abacus Federal Savings Bank in front of local and national news crews to demonstrate that he was going after the rampant fraud of mortgage lending that caused the financial crisis in 2008. Instead of going after the people who caused the collapse, he chose a tiny minority bank that was doing exactly what it should to assist in its community by making loans to local residents. These arrests and later trial, that ended in an Acquittal, were a miscarriage of justice and evocative of the treatment of Asian railroad workers and migrants in the 1800s West. This, for anyone interested, was all captured in the Academy Award nominated Documentary entitled “Abacus: Small enough to jail”. How that dipshit scumbag is still the New York County District Attorney is unfathomable.
                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 04-29-2018, 03:00 PM.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  Off topic, I know, but: The most disgusting and shameful prep walk I have ever seen was when Cyrus R. Vance Jr. decided to arrest and chain gang perp walk 10-15 Asian employees out of the Abacus Federal Savings Bank in front of local and national news crews to demonstrate that he was going after the rampant fraud of mortgage lending that caused the financial crisis in 2008. Instead of going after the people who caused the collapse, he chose a tiny minority bank that was doing exactly what it should to assist in its community by making loans to local residents. These arrests and later trial, that ended in an Aquitaine, were a miscarriage of justice and evocative of the treatment of Asian railroad workers and migrants in the 1800s West. This, for anyone interested, was all captured in the Academy Award nominated Documentary entitled “Abacus: Small enough to jail”. How that dipshit scumbag is still the New York County District Attorney is unfathomable.
                  Good dig, I do recall that now that you mention it...yeah, they really took the financial crisis by the throat there, didn't they?

I'll have to check the documentary out...thanks!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    That was Dan Rather.
                    Oh yeah. Duh..
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• WHOA

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...physical-abuse
                      Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment. As New York State’s highest-ranking law-enforcement officer, Schneiderman, who is sixty-three, has used his authority to take legal action against the disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, and to demand greater compensation for the victims of Weinstein’s alleged sexual crimes. Last month, when the Times and this magazine were awarded a joint Pulitzer Prize for coverage of sexual harassment, Schneiderman issued a congratulatory tweet, praising “the brave women and men who spoke up about the sexual harassment they had endured at the hands of powerful men.”

Now Schneiderman is facing a reckoning of his own. As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters. They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence. All have been reluctant to speak out, fearing reprisal. But two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have talked to The New Yorker on the record, because they feel that doing so could protect other women. They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. Manning Barish and Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as “assault.”
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• holy crap

from that astounding article (and this clown has now resigned tonight):

"After the former girlfriend ended the relationship, she told several friends about the abuse. A number of them advised her to keep the story to herself, arguing that Schneiderman was too valuable a politician for the Democrats to lose. She described this response as heartbreaking."
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          holy crap

from that astounding article (and this clown has now resigned tonight):

"After the former girlfriend ended the relationship, she told several friends about the abuse. A number of them advised her to keep the story to herself, arguing that Schneiderman was too valuable a politician for the Democrats to lose. She described this response as heartbreaking."
                          No politician it too important, too valuable, if they act like this. Schneiderman did the right thing by resigning immediately, even if he smeared that little bit of good by contesting the women's allegations.

Now, to really rile up things, how about appointing Preet Bharara to the position? That'd be fun...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

No politician it too important, too valuable, if they act like this. Schneiderman did the right thing by resigning immediately, even if he smeared that little bit of good by contesting the women's allegations.

Now, to really rile up things, how about appointing Preet Bharara to the position? That'd be fun...
                            Kinda hard to give this guy credit for "doing the right thing" at this point
                            --------------------------------------
                            You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                              Kinda hard to give this guy credit for "doing the right thing" at this point
                              Not really, he didn't try to hang around, he didn't try to drag the women through the mud...he did the right thing by resigning as soon as it became public.

Now, he DIDN'T do the right thing in his personal relationships with women...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Not really, he didn't try to hang around, he didn't try to drag the women through the mud...he did the right thing by resigning as soon as it became public.

Now, he DIDN'T do the right thing in his personal relationships with women...
                                If the allegations are true I have a hard time giving him credit for anything.
                                --------------------------------------
                                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X