No announcement yet.

Official Sexual Harrassment Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I originally had 113 headbangs, but the system only allows 4 at a time...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I originally had 113 headbangs, but the system only allows 4 at a time...
      Is this really the right thread in which to use the term "headbangs?" I'm not say'n, I'm just say'n!
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Latest accused: Morgan Spurlock

Comment

• Did someone pick up my boy Blake Farenthold's announcement that he won't seek re-election? He still wants to serve until January 2019.

I'm betting he doesn't get his wish.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            Did someone pick up my boy Blake Farenthold's announcement that he won't seek re-election? He still wants to serve until January 2019.

I'm betting he doesn't get his wish.
            Who wouldn't want this guy representing them?

Ducky.jpg
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Latest accused: Dustin Hoffman

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                Latest accused: Dustin Hoffman
                He was actually accused over a month ago. You must need a refresher course, hey!!

Latest accused: John Buccigross & Matthew Berry of ESPN

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  He was actually accused over a month ago. You must need a refresher course, hey!!

New accuser for Dustin. All bad, this one even worse.

Comment

Berry? Him?
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      Berry? Him?
                      Buccigross surprises me more. Berry gives off a creepy vibe.

Although, if you read up on both accusations, they are pretty mild. ESPN released the back and forth texts between Buccigross and Lawrence, and from what I have seen so far, they seem like two friends just talking. She starts by asking him if he wants to hang out over the weekend and he calls her "doll-face" and "dreamgirl", seemingly as compliments to someone he was trying to date, and someone who seems, in the texts, who also wanted to date. It all seems pretty innocent and friendly to me.

As for Berry, he apparently went along to a strip club with Jenn Sterger, and he was photographed pointing at her breasts. It doesn't surprise me that Berry went to a strip club, or that he is juvenile enough to point at a co-workers breasts as if he has never seen them before. It also doesn't surprise me that ESPN, being so male dominated has been tone def and best, and possible hostile to women that work there. However, these two examples are probably not the best/worst examples to use to really make that case.

It is so weird to me, as I reflect why I keep making points like this, that I find myself making these sorts of posts. I have never in my life done anything like even the most minor offenses being reported. And I think almost all of them are inappropriate at best. Being a progressive who would identify also as a feminist, who cringes anytime I read or hear an MRAer spout clueless anti-women rants, its surreal to find myself compelled to qualify, differentiate, maybe in some cases even make excuses for some of the behaviors being brought to light by the #metoo movement. I'm not sure where it is coming from, really.

I guess I just feel uneasy with what I perceive to be, in at least a small number of cases, some concerning conflation between serious crimes and less serious misdemeanors, and in rare cases, even things that seem like simple miscommunication. Seeing the Buccgross and Lawrence text exchanges, while I haven't flirted in that way with a co-worker, I guess I could see having done that, and not meaning any harm in doing it. If that is the extent of his interactions with her, it seems a real shame that his name is now in this thread, and associated, even in the vaguest way, with scum like Weinstein, Moore, Hoffman et al. At the same time, this movement and this moment is important, and I don't want to be on the side of those minimizing, marginalizing, or silencing the voices speaking up. I just would really hope that those who are speaking up know the power they now wield and are careful and thoughtful with what actions and words they label publicly as abuse/harassment.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• The ESPN claims do seem minor.

This is a scary time to be a single dude! When I was young many centuries ago, at the first major company I worked for I was well-known in the place for hitting up the ladies. But it was a mutual thing and none of them ever said no (in fact, I even turned down a couple of advances). Then the next company I worked for, another major Wall Street firm known for being the "right way to invest", employed many many pretty ladies who apparently all were hired by the same HR guy. The running gag was they were all "Jim _______'s Girls." It was a meat market.

I can't even imagine this kind of atmosphere today. There really was no harm, but I'm sure HR departments across the land are putting a stop to it.

Comment

• So I saw a news clip about Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, as he was denying claims that he held down, groped, and digitally penetrated ... a 17 year old on New Years Eve of 2013... Among the evidence against him is an email that Johnson sent the girl shortly after his assault on her, claiming he didn't remember what happened because he was told their drinks that night were drugged (!!!!!!!)... It's highly illogical to think that an innocent person would commit suicide, but these creeps still continue to deny ANY responsibility right up until they pull the trigger. It's sick. I'm going to manually type out his Facebook post 2 hours before he shot himself, because it needs to be seriously dissected. All capitalization, spacing, etc. is accurate:

"The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news. Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. "PLEASE Listen Closely only three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1) Blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself . (3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !"
                          So after this scummy ex-pastor takes the shortcut to Paradise, you'd think that would be the end of the story... but no.

His wife is seeking his Kentucky seat, and is using her husband's suicide in the most disgusting way imaginable. Here's an excerpt:

The statement from Johnson’s widow, Rebecca, said she was running for the position because “these high-tech lynchings based on lies and half-truths can’t be allowed to win the day.”

“Dan is gone but the story of his life is far from over,”
                          she said.

His death occurred just days after the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published a detailed set of allegations from a woman who claimed that Johnson sexually assaulted her when she was 17.
                          Absolutely disgusting. Here's the full link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-his-seat.html

I'm starting to support/forgive admitted sexual predators, because at least they aren't also lying scumbags like Dan Johnson. Pretty low bar, 2017.
                          Last edited by Teenwolf; 12-16-2017, 08:31 AM. Reason: clarifying he used to be a pastor, then later State Rep... charges were in relation to his role with the church
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Latest accused: Gene Simmons

Latest accused of being insensitive: Matt Damon

Comment

Latest accused: Gene Simmons
                              Hasn't his entire career been one long sexual harassment towards pretty much every woman he ever met?
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                Hasn't his entire career been one long sexual harassment towards pretty much every woman he ever met?
                                Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm pretty sure rock stars should be exempt from this movement, but this was apparently from a month ago:

"A TV and radio broadcaster filed a lawsuit against Kiss bassist Gene Simmons, claiming he made sexual innuendos during an on-camera interview and later groped her buttocks.

The broadcaster, identified only as Jane Doe, filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court after she interviewed him at his new Rock & Brews restaurant on Nov. 1, the San Bernardino Sun reported.

During the exchange, Simmons allegedly grabbed her hand and “forcefully placed it on his knee” until she pulled it back, the lawsuit states."

Comment

Working...
                                X