Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.03-k.d.lang-Hymns of the 49th Parallel-2004

Comment

10.04 Belly -Star (1993) was Donnelly in the Throwing Muses album picked?

Last edited by Mithrandir; 09-01-2017, 11:56 AM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Since I know Swampy won't take this...

10.06 - Sister Sledge, "We Are Family" 1979

Comment

you were right revo - but would have taken the Bad Girls pick

10.05 - Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates - 1981

Comment

FOR TRANAGREG

10.07 The B52s, The B52s (1979)
            Last edited by johnnya24; 09-03-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

1.08 Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator) 2001

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Tough call on my last pick but I'll go with a band I saw a few weeks ago, a blind married couple from Mali.

1.09 Amadou & Mariam - Welcome to Mali (2008)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

it is guilty pleasure time

I have a far and away one
                  MILEY CYRUS - my middle schoolers find this incredibly funny but I think she is just a tool in a very strong pop song media machine

11.05 - Miley Cyrus - The time of our lives - 2009

This is my favorite inane song

and this cover of her stuff is really solid - watch it
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pZi7CXE2ac

Comment

11.08 Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (2004)

Comment

• 11.02 Suzi Quatro - Suzi Quatro (1973)

She was a badass bassist fronting a hard rocking band...not something we had ever seen. Extra credit for crushing the role of Leather Tuscadero. And perhaps being the inspiration for Rocket Raccoon.

Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 09-03-2017, 01:12 PM.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• 11.09 - Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth-1989

"Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• A few weeks ago my 10-year old asked me, "Dad, who's better: AC/DC or ABBA?"

11th rd Guilty Pleasure: ABBA, "ABBA" 1975

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• 11.07-Celine Dion-Let's Talk About Love-1997- Guilty Pleasure

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X