Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And no discussion on Manchester bombing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    What a great and original concept. Surely, Trump's speech writer was the very first to ever think of this! Now that we have this game plan, I'm sure everything is gonna be fine really soon. It is nice to finally have a leader who is aware of and concerned about Islamic Terrorism. Every past leader on earth loved terrorism and got a big kick out of every innocent life lost to it.
    someone is pissy today.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      Can you tell me which non islamic terrorist event you are referring to?

probably because I'm not all that far right. Those talk radio guys are far right. Circle jerks and echo chambers dont interest me very much unless I'm really upset about whats going on.
      Just cuz I don't have a lot of time at the moment, here is a random article that makes some of my points. I can find ones you might respect more later: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-close?via=ios

Here is the main take away quote, which is statistically accurate: "However, and this will probably shock many, so you might want to take a breath: Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren’t Muslims. Let’s give that a moment to sink in."

Now, based on media coverage--and this is all media, both left and right--would you come away with that fact as being true? I know the media sources are read, watch, and listen to make me believe the opposite. I certainly get the sense that most terrorism in the US and Europe are perpetuated by Muslims. And pointing out that this is not true is not to excuse or deflect from that fact that a significant amount of terrorism IS done by radical Muslims, and done at a rate higher than their populations would suggest. That is certainly part of the bigger issue we need to deal with, and an issue that some left sources shy away from.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        someone is pissy today.
        I suppose that is a fair assessment .

Comment

What a great and original concept. Surely, Trump's speech writer was the very first to ever think of this! Now that we have this game plan, I'm sure everything is gonna be fine really soon. It is nice to finally have a leader who is aware of and concerned about Islamic Terrorism. Every past leader on earth loved terrorism and got a big kick out of every innocent life lost to it.
          Its also nice to have a leader look at the the Middle East and tell them that they need to clean up their mess.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Just cuz I don't have a lot of time at the moment, here is a random article that makes some of my points. I can find ones you might respect more later: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-close?via=ios

Here is the main take away quote, which is statistically accurate: "However, and this will probably shock many, so you might want to take a breath: Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren’t Muslims. Let’s give that a moment to sink in."
            read some of your linked article and found some good quotes:
            And as a 2014 study by University of North Carolina found, since the 9/11 attacks, Muslim-linked terrorism has claimed the lives of 37 Americans. In that same time period, more than 190,000 Americans were murdered (PDF).
            I think we all understand how terrorism is different than murder although in some cases they are close.

In fact in 2013, it was actually more likely Americans would be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. In that year, three Americans were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing. How many people did toddlers kill in 2013? Five, all by accidentally shooting a gun.
            drive out the toddlers!

But the media will have on expert after expert discussing how can we stop these scary brown Muslims from killing any more Americans despite the fact you actually have a better chance of being killed by a refrigerator falling on you.
            and the refrigerators!

Disclaimer: All terrorism is bad, no matter who does it.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              Its also nice to have a leader look at the the Middle East and tell them that they need to clean up their mess.
              Can we at least agree that those words you quoted should also apply to us, and that it is a good idea to fight terrorism in all its forms, Islamic and otherwise?

Why then has Trump actively diverted law enforcement resources away from domestic terrorism, and especialy right-winged terrorism by white supremacists and radical Christian groups? Why can't we devote enough resources to all terrorism?

http://fortune.com/2017/02/13/donald...orism-germany/

Comment

From the article:
                An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

Nothing like relying on a sample size that is almost 15 years old. Also, just because it may not be happening at the same rate in the US as others countries - well we can all pick our lists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_January_2017
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Can we at least agree that those words you quoted should also apply to us, and that it is a good idea to fight terrorism in all its forms, Islamic and otherwise?

Why then has Trump actively diverted law enforcement resources away from domestic terrorism, and especialy right-winged terrorism by white supremacists and radical Christian groups? Why can't we devote enough resources to all terrorism?

http://fortune.com/2017/02/13/donald...orism-germany/
                  I dont want any one using violence in the name of any God.

Comment

Now, based on media coverage--and this is all media, both left and right--would you come away with that fact as being true? I know the media sources are read, watch, and listen to make me believe the opposite. I certainly get the sense that most terrorism in the US and Europe are perpetuated by Muslims. And pointing out that this is not true is not to excuse or deflect from that fact that a significant amount of terrorism IS done by radical Muslims, and done at a rate higher than their populations would suggest. That is certainly part of the bigger issue we need to deal with, and an issue that some left sources shy away from.
                    Here's a source the right-wingers might find more palatable that backs up what you're saying:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Huh. It seems to me that the transition from Dubya to Obama and the accompanying shift in the tone of our Middle East rhetoric didn't really change things substantially one way or the other. I don't think Middle East actors really give a ripe f*ck what we say or how we say it. I think the only audience impressed by American tough talk about terrorism is Americans.
                      Last edited by senorsheep; 05-23-2017, 01:23 PM.
                      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Here's a source the right-wingers might find more palatable that backs up what you're saying:

http://reason.com/archives/2017/03/2...terrorist-atta
                        Thanks, I should have taken the time to find a better source, like this one.

Comment

Problem solved ! Tell us again about the Harry Potter/Voldemort method that should be used to combat terrorism. Don't actually study history or try to understand the causes, just lecture those no good muslims and tell them to take care of it !

I really like the " clean up their mess" part. Our government surely didn't contribute to any problems in the Middle East, the problem is that all the righteous Muslims don't denounce the terrorists and apply enough peer pressure !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And then gives them Billions of dollars worth of Weapons because, you know, that's worked so well in the past.

You and CBB are acting as if you believe Trump really cares one way or another about terrorism. He only gives a shit about things that get in the way of him making money or him looking good.

If he could make a billion a bombing, he'd be handing our exploding vests himself.

This trip is posturing and building business partners.

If he REALLY is serious about stopping terror, he needs to stop ALL of it and start with homegrown asshats.

But he's not serious about anything, he is only in office to build his brand, put his businesses and business partners in a position to make bigger profits no matter the cost and host the largest reality show at the expense of the nation.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah we have kicked the Trump over and over.

Anyone care to weigh in on this one?
                              It is very bad, shocking but not surprising. It is going to get worse. Anything we discuss in here will not help solve the situation.

I am sad for those who lost loved ones.

Comment

Quite the opposite. He should be praised any time any Radical Islamic Terrorism happens anywhere in the world. All such attacks prove what a genius he is, and validate any and all of his protectionist, isolationist, nationalist, xenophobic demagoguery.
                                I would like all of my presidents to keep my family, friends and country safe.

I am not going to defend Trump here and this next part is not that.

How do you propose to stop the killing of innocents by terrorists? In fact without offending anyone starting with this site, how do we identify the enemy terrorists before they kill people?

Comment

Working...
                                X