Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And no discussion on Manchester bombing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

How do you propose to stop the killing of innocents by terrorists? In fact without offending anyone starting with this site, how do we identify the enemy terrorists before they kill people?
    There are indeed methods in place that can ID potential terror suspects but there is NOTHING that can prevent these kinds of murderous ideals from being put into action, nothing.

It will never stop, it's part of the history of mankind. We can only hope to prevent as much of it as we can, through every method that we can.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      There are indeed methods in place that can ID potential terror suspects but there is NOTHING that can prevent these kinds of murderous ideals from being put into action, nothing.

It will never stop, it's part of the history of mankind. We can only hope to prevent as much of it as we can, through every method that we can.
      I agree we cannot completely stop them, but we can do a better job of 1. addressing root causes, 2. tracking and monitoring potential threats, not based on what folks look like or who they worship, but based on concerning words and actions, like violent rhetoric, the purchasing of suspicious, dangerous weapons and materials, and any ties to known terrorist groups 3. making sure that the intel we do gather is shared effectively across all agencies, and that all agencies work together to address threats as they develop, and before they are implemented.

But yeah, people suck, and extremism is a societal sickness we likely won't ever be able to fully eradicate. Still, we must fight the good fight, and do what we can to ensure the safety of everyone who is just trying to live their lives without getting blown up, shot, or poisoned by radicals.

Comment

This is not that complicated people.

It is well documented that Saudi Arabia had been sponsoring madrassas that develop terrorists. It is rumored that they are a major funder of Isis.

The US has just agreed to sell them 110 BILLION dollars of military weaponry.

Trump can say whatever for the press - cleaning up their mess plays well back home - but the reality is that he just provided them the means to escalate whatever war they choose.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I would like all of my presidents to keep my family, friends and country safe.

I am not going to defend Trump here and this next part is not that.

How do you propose to stop the killing of innocents by terrorists? In fact without offending anyone starting with this site, how do we identify the enemy terrorists before they kill people?
          I'm not sure what the best way is but I am sure that making $110B deals with the states that sponsor those terrorists sure isn't one.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I'd start with not leaking undercover informants that our allies have in place
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I'm not sure what the best way is but I am sure that making $110B deals with the states that sponsor those terrorists sure isn't one.
              Exactly. We've been pumping billions in arms into Afghanistan since the mid-80s to arm the Mujahideen. After arming both Iran and Iraq to kill each other back in the 80s, we've pumped billions in arms to various groups, including some explicitly supportive of Al-Quaeda. Anyone blaming the middle East for their mess without acknowledging our role is either ignorant or making money as part of the military industrial complex.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I'd start with not leaking undercover informants that our allies have in place
                But he swears he didn't say it was Israel!....ooops did he really just say that? What a fucking moron.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                X