White terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    It's one thing when EVERYONE has a musket. But times are a little different than back then.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason we haven't been invaded is that we do have a huge military and geographically, it's very difficult. Mexico and Canada aren't going attack us and without going through those countries and barring an air strike where are people going to invade? We have two huge oceans on either side. It has nothing to do with civilian guns. You're a fool if you think that's why other countries won't attack us.
    I understand the geographical difficulties. I agree we have a large army. I also agree we have more guns in our citizenry than any other country.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      I understand the geographical difficulties. I agree we have a large army. I also agree we have more guns in our citizenry than any other country.
      I can agree with those statements too. I just don't agree that the last statement would ever give any country a moments pause if they really wanted to invade.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Boy, how stupid are we to have our most liberal anti-gun populations guarding our coasts? If the enemy storms the shores of California, they might march to Arizona or Utah before they encounter any serious resistance.
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I watch MSNBC/CNN and read the NYtimes/Washington post and other small us papers for my news.

Sometimes I will watch FOX to see what others might "think" and am usually amazed that not only are there irrational slants to the stories
          but
          many huge news stories dont even exist in the FOX world - so if that is all you watch you will likely miss something important.

secondly what the heck is BG saying - the US hasnt been attacked by a foreign country because citizens here have guns - what??

and I am one of those liberal anti-gun guys guarding new jersey - so I guess the enemy should just come through my neighborhood

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            I watch MSNBC/CNN and read the NYtimes/Washington post and other small us papers for my news.

Sometimes I will watch FOX to see what others might "think" and am usually amazed that not only are there irrational slants to the stories
            but
            many huge news stories dont even exist in the FOX world - so if that is all you watch you will likely miss something important.

secondly what the heck is BG saying - the US hasnt been attacked by a foreign country because citizens here have guns - what??

and I am one of those liberal anti-gun guys guarding new jersey - so I guess the enemy should just come through my neighborhood
            Oh Im just playing the ultra 2nd Amendment lover role........ the fly-over hick..... the gun loving redneck...... or whatever other term may apply. Its fun to sometimes yank the chain of people here. Its one that I have used before.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

The best was when I told Bhob a couple days ago that he should probably take advantage of his 2nd amendment rights.

Comment

I'm just surprised to learn Canada has an infantry. Serioisly, who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  but
                  I do the same, CNN and Washington Compost to find out what the others "think."
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    I can agree with those statements too. I just don't agree that the last statement would ever give any country a moments pause if they really wanted to invade.
                    I bet if someone wanted to occupy us, the amount of guns we have would complicate their plan.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      I do the same, CNN and Washington Compost to find out what the others "think."
                      well played - and here it is

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/b...=top-news&_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Boy, how stupid are we to have our most liberal anti-gun populations guarding our coasts? If the enemy storms the shores of California, they might march to Arizona or Utah before they encounter any serious resistance.
                        Hey, just because someone favors gun control laws doesn't mean they are "anti-gun". I love guns, have kept them all my life, but I don't think the Second Amendment is absolute.

On the other thing, it isn't the 18th Century anymore, when the Army and the citizens go musket against musket. Soldiers of an invading force would be much better armed than even the most prepared citizens. No contest, despite my favorite movie "Red Dawn".
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I wasn't arguing for stricter gun control, merely the same tired refrain the NRA uses after every mass shooting of avoiding discussing the issue because "now is not the right time, it's time to mourn...and pray". The fact that you and sheep immediately criticized me for not expressing my condolences to the victims when no one on the board has even mentioned the shooting a day later just goes to show that you'd rather pick a fight then acknowledge that Fox is a total propaganda machine. I'm sure you'd be giving Clinton a pass too if she ignored this horrific tragedy.
                          Shit, all the national news channels are propaganda machines. Fox is just the one on the right.

When you have 24 hours a day, it's no longer about reporting the news but commenting endlessly on the news.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            Shit, all the national news channels are propaganda machines. Fox is just the one on the right.

When you have 24 hours a day, it's no longer about reporting the news but commenting endlessly on the news.
                            I'm not saying all networks don't have agenda-driven coverage, but this seemed particularly egregious to me.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Texas is the only state with more guns in it than California
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                I bet if someone wanted to occupy us, the amount of guns we have would complicate their plan.
                                Wolverines! and seriously, no one "occupies" a nation of 350 million that has 2 oceans as its primary borders and the worlds biggest navy, even if the citizens were armed with sticks and rocks
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X