Carrie Fisher RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i think next year im going to go on a immortality regime. eating Astragalus or taking TA-65 and lengthening my telomeres. it could give you cancer tho. there's another company that found a compound that activates telomerase enzyme at 16%. but they are still in development. theoretically longer telomeres would prevent cancer. yet telomerase is something that fuels it. so then i guess you have to make sure you don't have any fucked up DNA before you take it.

i should have given it to my cat, but she was already pretty messed up. and this stuff is kind of new.

they been giving Rapamycin to dogs in an official anti-aging test with good results. that can give you diabetes. that's a an old drug too.

weird that immortality, cancer and diabetes are linked, figure out one and you figure out the others. it's just around the corner tho. i definitely recommend giving those two things to older pets tho. and myself. i wasn't planning on doing it but the science is sound. so i figure why not.

also i think, in batman vs superman, wonder womans powers will bring superman back to life. when supermans mother threw dirt on his coffin. wonder woman has healing powers from the earth like that. she can heal herself like that when mortally wounded, but the gods frown upon it. so it's a rare thing. not sure she can do it for someone else.
    I'd push additional Leucine before messing with Rapamycin. Insulin-resistant diabetes for 30 years would be a very bad trade-off for an additional year of life.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What do you guys think should be done about Fisher's role in Ep 9? I personally think that if the story they have set up for the conclusion of the trilogy is great and if Leia is an integral part of it, they should CGI her. No, it wont be perfect, but I think its better than redoing the story into something not quite as good.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Leia was to have been a bigger part of Episode IX than VIII." Star Wars: Episode VIII has finished filming, and Fisher reportedly wrapped shooting her scenes.

Some vague possible spoilers follow.

THR adds that "at least two key scenes" involving Leia were planned for Episodes VIII and IX: "a Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens."
      Last edited by cardboardbox; 01-06-2017, 01:31 PM.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        Would do you guys think should be done about Fisher's role in Ep 9? I personally think that if the story they have set up for the conclusion of the trilogy is great and if Leia is an integral part of it, they should CGI her. No, it wont be perfect, but I think its better than redoing the story into something not quite as good.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/...than-episode-8
        There must be some look alike actress that could take her place. Understanding fans know the situation.

Comment

Carrie Fisher probably could have had a successful career as a singer if she had chosen.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X