Carrie Fisher RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrie Fisher RIP

Carrie Fisher, best known as Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies has died four days after she suffered a cardiac event on a flight from London to Los Angeles. She was 60 years old. RIP Princess Leia.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/27/entert...ars/index.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Sad. This has been a horrible year for celebrities.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

sad, too young.

Assuming ep 8 was done filming already, I wonder how this changes ep 9. She didnt have a large part in ep 7 but was a nice way to tie the trilogies together.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        sad, too young.

Assuming ep 8 was done filming already, I wonder how this changes ep 9. She didnt have a large part in ep 7 but was a nice way to tie the trilogies together.
        EP 8 finished filming in July. Yeah going to be an interesting to see what they do in 9.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I assume everyone has seen this

https://youtu.be/VI-pwktI8AQ

Comment

now her famous mom Debbie Reynolds RIP, too

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...in-rain-724101

She was 84.

"She's with Carrie," said Reynolds' son, Todd.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

She was 84.

Terrible. Heard on radio news that she was at Carrie Fisher's home making funeral arrangements with another family member when she suddenly became ill and was rushed to the hospital where she died.

This only confirms my belief that people can die from a broken heart even though the coroners report has to list some secondary condition which is easier to identify.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

She was 84.

That's just fucking insane!!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  That's just fucking insane!!
                  Perfect sentiment.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Terrible. Heard on radio news that she was at Carrie Fisher's home making funeral arrangements with another family member when she suddenly became ill and was rushed to the hospital where she died.

This only confirms my belief that people can die from a broken heart even though the coroners report has to list some secondary condition which is easier to identify.
                    They have done studies and claim it is statistically cooincidence. Pretty tall coincidence.

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-29-2016, 10:58 AM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Losing your sister and mother on back to back days has got to be unbelievably hard.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        Losing your sister and mother on back to back days has got to be unbelievably hard.
                        Losing both together can be less stressful than losing them separately. The quoted line is one reason. There is a thread of comfort in the thought that they are not alone.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

i think next year im going to go on a immortality regime. eating Astragalus or taking TA-65 and lengthening my telomeres. it could give you cancer tho. there's another company that found a compound that activates telomerase enzyme at 16%. but they are still in development. theoretically longer telomeres would prevent cancer. yet telomerase is something that fuels it. so then i guess you have to make sure you don't have any fucked up DNA before you take it.

i should have given it to my cat, but she was already pretty messed up. and this stuff is kind of new.

they been giving Rapamycin to dogs in an official anti-aging test with good results. that can give you diabetes. that's a an old drug too.

weird that immortality, cancer and diabetes are linked, figure out one and you figure out the others. it's just around the corner tho. i definitely recommend giving those two things to older pets tho. and myself. i wasn't planning on doing it but the science is sound. so i figure why not.

also i think, in batman vs superman, wonder womans powers will bring superman back to life. when supermans mother threw dirt on his coffin. wonder woman has healing powers from the earth like that. she can heal herself like that when mortally wounded, but the gods frown upon it. so it's a rare thing. not sure she can do it for someone else.

Comment

different parts of your body age at different speeds. your heart ages the slowest. and breasts age faster. this is why you don't see ppl dying of heart cancer but of breast cancer. boobs age the fastest. and i guess that means prostates too.

i guess it's ironic that the parts of your body that create life are more suceptical to cancer. and that's logical if a purpose is to pass your genes into the next life form and then die.

at first glance it seems like a flawed plan, as far as nature trending towards intelligence. you'd think having the ability to store information out of the body and passed down to the next generation will eventually be better than doing it naturally with proteins.

you can die of heartbreak, but it's more a factor of things. for example, most heart attacks occur in the morning right after you wake up, when your blood is thicker and you've been sleeping. even your body being slightly shorter from gravity contributes. so it's more of a respiratory thing. and perhaps flying on airplanes with a heart condition has a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              ... i guess it's ironic that the parts of your body that create life are more suceptical to cancer. and that's logical if a purpose is to pass your genes into the next life form and then die.

at first glance it seems like a flawed plan, as far as nature trending towards intelligence. you'd think having the ability to store information out of the body and passed down to the next generation will eventually be better than doing it naturally with proteins.
                              I guess it's a matter of perspective; from a short term viewpoint (e.g. a human lifetime) you're right, but from an epoch perspective, well, I guess the genetic trickle-down approach has worked pretty well.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X