Recount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
    If you look me in the face and say "thank you very much" but what you're really saying is "go fuck yourself" I don't need evidence.

BTW I'm not being hyperbolic, I'm choosing not to be willfully ignorant.
    No, you're being willfully ignorant, but that's OK, I'm used to it. Again, when you find evidence that the Clinton camp did anything to initiate a recount let me know, otherwise, you have no argument at all.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      No, you're being willfully ignorant, but that's OK, I'm used to it. Again, when you find evidence that the Clinton camp did anything to initiate a recount let me know, otherwise, you have no argument at all.
      First, I never said anything about the Clinton camp. Now did I. So what are you even talking about.

Second, I am not the person demanding empirical evidence before I believe something, I can determine the truth without it. Haven't I proven that this election cycle?

Third, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am Hillary will never again play a significant role in politics or the Democratic party. And every time you bristle at criticism aimed at her or her cronies I revel in the warmth of schadenfreude.

Comment

But don't take it personal, I feel that way about every staunch Hillary honk

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
          First, I never said anything about the Clinton camp. Now did I. So what are you even talking about.

Second, I am not the person demanding empirical evidence before I believe something, I can determine the truth without it. Haven't I proven that this election cycle?

Third, I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am Hillary will never again play a significant role in politics or the Democratic party. And every time you bristle at criticism aimed at her or her cronies I revel in the warmth of schadenfreude.
          Don't pull your shoulder out of your socket patting yourself for hitting a one in a million shot, nor should you bank your future on it. Someone always wins the lottery too. Empirical evidence is what any person SHOULD demand, not a shot in the dark, stab at something without have ANY evidence, other than wishful thinking on your part.

And your implication was clearly about the Clinton camp...you might fool yourself, but not others.

And I don't "bristle" at any criticism of HRC, rather I feel sadness for what is going to likely happen over the next 2-4 years. Lots of little people suffering, and the rich getting richer.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Don't pull your shoulder out of your socket patting yourself for hitting a one in a million shot, nor should you bank your future on it. Someone always wins the lottery too. Empirical evidence is what any person SHOULD demand, not a shot in the dark, stab at something without have ANY evidence, other than wishful thinking on your part.

And your implication was clearly about the Clinton camp...you might fool yourself, but not others.

And I don't "bristle" at any criticism of HRC, rather I feel sadness for what is going to likely happen over the next 2-4 years. Lots of little people suffering, and the rich getting richer.
            What one in a million shot? Clinton was up against DONALD TRUMP and managed to blow it.

Yes, you do bristle at criticism of Clinton. I understand that you have never got why people consider HRC a deplorable, but you also never tried to figure it out.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Steve, you are completely correct in that I think the Clinton camp had something to do with Stein asking for a recount. I have no doubt. I am SO happy you are right because without proof or evidence you were able to correctly ascertain my intent. See how easy it is!

I do it all the time and I'm almost always right. In fact, I ask you to find anything, just ONE thing I said about the election that was proven wrong.

I not only called this election, but every one before it (potus) I also got Nevada exactly right both this and the last election. I also called the DNC having a Hillary bias. I am rarely wrong. It's irritating as hell, but factual.

Again, thank you for your assumptions. It shows you have potential.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                Do you mean the recount, or this thread?

Never mind, the answer's the same. ��
                Always

Comment

At the end of the day, Lucky was right...again. It's just not worth it...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Bernie is fine with the Recount, doesn't think anything will come from it, but they have a legal right to do it.

Obama is not on board with the recount.

Can't find where Johnson stands on the subject.

Clinton backs the effort.

Stein of course, asked for it.

The questions are, Why would someone who was chastised by the Clinton campaign start a process that can ONLY help Clinton?

Why would people who criticized Trump's assertion that he might not 'accept' election results if he should lose, turn around and do the exact thing they railed against.

Is it to overturn election results? De-Legitimize the results at least in the minds of those who think Trump shouldn't be President because he didn't win the Popular vote?

Or is it just playing politics? If so how do those that donated the 5+ million feel about them using their money for a side show?

Is it to draw out the count until past the deadline for certification (Dec 13th) has past, there by having those Electoral Votes forfeited throwing the election to the House?

Michigan has certified their results so it now only Pennsylvania and Wisconsin who can do this recount.

If this had been overturned, shit would have really hit the fan for Trumps rabid supporters. They'd have made the Anti Trump protests look downright civilized.

But what seemed to be something interesting, is just truing out to be much ado....
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 27, 2016"

In real world where facts still mean something, he lost by 2+ million votes.

So much wrong about this latest tweet. There is zero evidence that "millions of people" voted illegally in election, but Trump embraces the conspiracy theories. He hired on head of Breitbart as his brain, who is pure alt right spin and wacky conspiracy theories, so Trump I am sure really thinks he is behaving "Presidential" with these manic tweets. Obama is all about dignity of office, and the peaceful transition of leaders so he has been saying all the right things to help the country move forward. It is reason Obama pours cold water on recount effort. It is why he has never done 3 am tweets in response to some perceived slight from actors in a play.

Just very sad, this President elect Trump is not a deep thinker, not a man of respect for office or people of country, and is profoundly thin skinned. But the thread topic, recount, I do not see an upside in pursuing it when flipping Wisconsin does not change result.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                        "In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 27, 2016"

In real world where facts still mean something, he lost by 2+ million votes.

So much wrong about this latest tweet. There is zero evidence that "millions of people" voted illegally in election, but Trump embraces the conspiracy theories. He hired on head of Breitbart as his brain, who is pure alt right spin and wacky conspiracy theories, so Trump I am sure really thinks he is behaving "Presidential" with these manic tweets. Obama is all about dignity of office, and the peaceful transition of leaders so he has been saying all the right things to help the country move forward. It is reason Obama pours cold water on recount effort. It is why he has never done 3 am tweets in response to some perceived slight from actors in a play.

Just very sad, this President elect Trump is not a deep thinker, not a man of respect for office or people of country, and is profoundly thin skinned. But the thread topic, recount, I do not see an upside in pursuing it when flipping Wisconsin does not change result.
                        Trump is indeed a crackpot, but he knows how to push the right buttons to be successful with his base.

The recount will do nothing but paint those of us on the left as whiners. something we already have to shake as it's seems to be a label the right hits us with during elections.

The next 4 years is going to be the longest episode of "Punked" there's ever been.

That's if Trump lasts 4 years
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

Can't find where Johnson stands on the subject.
                          He is off smoking a fatty and is probably unaware of the recount.

Comment

All of the tweeting is pure Trump...he's NOT thinking, he's reacting to not being universally decreed as the great leader with a mandate. He's lost the popular vote by a substantial margin, which irks him to no end, as you can see by his tweets, so he has to try and declare it illegitimate, to keep his facade intact.

The key is to NEVER buy into any of this hogwash...sooner or later, his followers will grow tired of it as well, when he really doesn't follow through on his campaign promises. 2018 is going to be tough, but the more he goes off the rails, the easier it's going to be. I suspect a lot of those 1st time voters, will eventually grow weary, and not return...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

When Trump survives the recount--he has to lose all three states--it will make his position significantly stronger than if nothing had been done. They are doing him a big favor.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Jill Stein petitioning for a recount makes just a teeny bit more sense than me petitioning for a recount. It's not as if she has any chance to win...just like me!
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X