X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On to the Debates

When do they start?

You're not going to want to miss these.

I'm already on record that Trump will use the term bitch at least once.

I also think he won't lose a vote for doing so.

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
    When do they start?

You're not going to want to miss these.

I'm already on record that Trump will use the term bitch at least once.

I also think he won't lose a vote for doing so.
    I'll take that action. Nobody is that crude, not even Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      I think you over estimate the man my brother.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
        Trump has used profanity already in his public speaking, though I don't think he actually used it in the debates. Wouldn't put anything past him though.

Comment

Trump will be destroyed on substance of course, and he's not quite the have a beer with candidate but thats his only chance.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
            Trump has used profanity already in his public speaking, though I don't think he actually used it in the debates. Wouldn't put anything past him though.
            Anyone who intimates he'd sleep with his daughter is capable of saying anything and using a derogatory term vs HRC will only excite his base and get the rascous response he loves.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Im hoping that Johnson even gets to be in them. Its close. Wonder if he actually will call Trump a "pussy".
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                Im hoping that Johnson even gets to be in them. Its close. Wonder if he actually will call Trump a "pussy".
                I could imagine this situation happening with Trump trying to take a swing at him and then his poll numbers rise even more. If this was a novel or movie, this would all culminate with Trump literally shooting someone in the street (Chekhov's gun indeed).

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Anyone who intimates he'd sleep with his daughter is capable of saying anything and using a derogatory term vs HRC will only excite his base and get the rascous response he loves.
                  Sure, it'll excite his base, which is well, base. But it'll horrify anyone else if he directed a derogatory term like bitch at HRC...and that would end up losing him votes in the long run.

The big issue is how many debates will there be? He's scared to death to actually debate Hillary, because he knows that deep down, he's an empty shell with little knowledge and no real positions.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Sure, it'll excite his base, which is well, base. But it'll horrify anyone else if he directed a derogatory term like bitch at HRC...and that would end up losing him votes in the long run.

The big issue is how many debates will there be? He's scared to death to actually debate Hillary, because he knows that deep down, he's an empty shell with little knowledge and no real positions.
                    Do you really think for a second those supporting him care about anything like that at all or that there are those actually deliberating whether to vote for him or not?

Again, you are sorely underestimating the power of anger and fear, mixed with ignorance and flat out disregard for the facts.

This is a battle between good and evil for these guys. It's their gladiator whom they will cheer and the more carnage the louder.

Comment

Do you really think for a second those supporting him care about anything like that at all or that there are those actually deliberating whether to vote for him or not?

Again, you are sorely underestimating the power of anger and fear, mixed with ignorance and flat out disregard for the facts.

This is a battle between good and evil for these guys. It's their gladiator whom they will cheer and the more carnage the louder.
                      Very true and very Sad - it will be a liking watching a train wreck - wont be able to look away.

Comment

Agree. There is just about nothing he could do that could lose him any votes with these people. I am constantly arguing with people who should be completely offended by his positions and they still vote for him. I am arguing with a conservative Christian about how he represents any Christian values at all. I am arguing with Ukrainian Americans on what an existential threat he represents to Ukraine. I argue with women who support him. I know Muslims (or people from Muslim majority countries) that support him. I know Hispanics who support him. At least one of Trump's values should represent a dealbreaker to any or all of these folks, yet they stand behind him. It makes no rational sense. It is all emotional. How to combat that though? I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          ... It makes no rational sense. It is all emotional. How to combat that though? I have no idea.
                          I think Michael Moore was on to something when he called on satirists to take up the mantle. Facts won't do anything, but he can be de-legitimized. Make him continually look stupid and foolish (I know, nobody needs to do anything ; but still...) and eventually even some of his base will start to get tired of him. And certainly the middle won't see him as viable.

It will be a fascinating few months.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

You're not getting what I'm saying...yes, his base will eat it up, but he's already got those people. Calling HRC a bitch will NOT bring new people into the fold, instead, it'll likely turn any undecided in her favor. And yes, inexplicably, there are still millions of undecideds out there, that's why a billion dollars or more is being spent courting votes...they're not trying to win their OWN hardcore base, it's about swaying those on the fence.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              I think Michael Moore was on to something when he called on satirists to take up the mantle. Facts won't do anything, but he can be de-legitimized. Make him continually look stupid and foolish (I know, nobody needs to do anything ; but still...) and eventually even some of his base will start to get tired of him. And certainly the middle won't see him as viable.

It will be a fascinating few months.
                              I'm not sure fascinating is the correct word. Terrifying comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X