Concert season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Ted Leo was fantastic the one time I saw him. Tiny tiny TINY venue in philly. Like bar sized.
    Yes, I've seen him a few times. He's great.

Comment

Saw The Dandy Warhols last week. One of the best gigs I've been to in a while. Come Down was one of my favourite records of the late 90's. Would definitely recommend.

Seeing Neil Young tonight. Hopefully not for the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Seeing Neil Young tonight. Hopefully not for the last time.
        He was amazing when I saw him last summer. Even if the new material is "old man yelling at clouds," the band he has does an incredible job of working in ALL of Neil's styles.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          He was amazing when I saw him last summer. Even if the new material is "old man yelling at clouds," the band he has does an incredible job of working in ALL of Neil's styles.
          That was going to be my exact "review". I thought The Promise of the Real were brilliant. They brought a real youthful energy to the show ... and they didn't shy away from the limelight like most "support bands" ... it was more like Neil Young was their new lead singer rather than them just being a backing band.

3 hours ... not bad for a 70 year old. I hope I have 15% of his energy at that age.

When he followed up Down By The River with Vampire Blues, I was in heaven.

Quite like the new material actually. Neil is at his best when he's passionate about stuff.

Edit: the other thing I noticed was the age range ... from 1990's relics (such as myself) to older fans from the 70's. No real younger presence ... so I guess his music hasn't really translated to the post-millennial crowd.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 06-09-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            My wife and I are considering Heart, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett this summer. Not sure yet.
            Cheap Trick is going to play the Genesee Theater (seats 2400) on March 11th. We picked up good seats for the show.

My wife is a huge fan. For me they are ok. Neither of us has seen them before.

Have any of you seen them live? Good show?

Comment

Working...
            X