• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concert season

three shows I would like to see this summer:

1. Heart, Cheap Trick and Joan Jett
    2. Steely Dan and Steve Winwood
    3. Yes who will be performing "Side 1 and Side 4 of Tales From Topographic Oceans" and "Drama" albums. Two albums that I love. But no Chris Squire will be a bummer.

Any shows you guys are looking forward to?
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 04-18-2016, 01:50 PM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Dandy Warhols, Chris Cornell and Neil Young upcoming (not together obviously).

RHCP, Brian Jonestown Massacre later in the summer.

Was debating the Longitude Festival in Dublin. Would be nice to see Kendrick Lamar in his prime (and Chvrches), but I feel my festival hopping days are behind me.

Comment

Got RJEL Girl tickets to Hall and Oats. At least this time I got them from the venue rather than paying out my ass for aftermarket tickets.

Subways in SF in a month or so.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Subways in SF in a month or so.
        They were a great live band, but fell right off my radar ... haven't heard anything by them since the 2000's.

Comment

We're planning a road trip to the south in June and just discovered an interesting festival in Little Rock. Obviously a bunch of country acts, but also XAmbassadors, Flaming Lips, and George Clinton who I'd love to see before he stops performing. We're gonna try to make it work.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            We're planning a road trip to the south in June and just discovered an interesting festival in Little Rock. Obviously a bunch of country acts, but also XAmbassadors, Flaming Lips, and George Clinton who I'd love to see before he stops performing. We're gonna try to make it work.
            this trainwreck concert always amuses me -

Comment

And a good friend of mine is going (again) to Prima Vera in Barcelona. They always have an awesome lineup - this year it's Radiohead (first live performance since 2012), pj Harvey, suede, and a bunch more. Maybe next year.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                They were a great live band, but fell right off my radar ... haven't heard anything by them since the 2000's.
                I have one album and know a few songs from Pandora. They seem like they would be a fun band live, so what the hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  three shows I would like to see this summer:

1. Heart, Cheap Trick and Joan Jett
                  2. Steely Dan and Steve Winwood
                  3. Yes who will be performing "Fragile" and "Drama" albums. Two albums that I love. But no Chris Squire will be a bummer.

Any shows you guys are looking forward to?
                  My wife and I are considering Heart, Cheap Trick, Joan Jett this summer. Not sure yet.

Comment

Heard bout this one on the radio -http://m.en.canoe.com/Music/2016/04/18/22625125-wenn-story.html?cid=rssentertainmentmusic

That's a pretty insane lineup - that would cross off a bunch of bucket list bands for me.

Comment

Bob Mould/Ted Leo 4/26
                      Wilco/Richard Thompson 6/4
                      Steely Dan/Steve Winwood 7/3

Hopefully Ween 8/21, just announced today.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Bob Mould/Ted Leo 4/26
                        Wilco/Richard Thompson 6/4
                        Steely Dan/Steve Winwood 7/3

Hopefully Ween 8/21, just announced today.
                        I'd go see Bob Mould again in a second
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          I'd go see Bob Mould again in a second
                          Me too. Gotta check his schedule.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I can see him in May in SF
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Ted Leo was fantastic the one time I saw him. Tiny tiny TINY venue in philly. Like bar sized.

Comment

Working...
                              X