Did the DNC really suspend Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Well, you can look at it that way if you wish, but I certainly wouldn't. He's still tainted with a bit of a scandal there, and his staff is shown to be somewhat out of control by reviewing, and storing stolen data.

Smartest thing that he could do in the debate is to use his opening statement to address the issue, apologize to HRC and then it's all defused and the campaigns move on.

The DNC is a different animal altogether, and I suspect that candidates will start to guard much of their own data in the future, instead of dropping it into a central repository like the DNC. It'll likely hurt local candidates, but sometimes you simply cant trust a 3rd party to control important data.
    I'm sure he will apologize if that's indeed what happened. Sanders has always been a man of integrity, why would he throw decades of that away on gaining a small bit of insight into Hillary's donor pool?

This doesn't remove the fact that the DNC and mainstream Democratic Party would absolutely like Sanders to go away and will use anything to further that objective.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      You know the agreement I am offering. I am not thrilled with the likelihood of Trump or Cruz as my avatar, but that is what I am willing to endure.

J
      first of all - everyone here knows that you would be thrilled with Cruz

second of all- what is the bet again? I thought FB offered up a pretty straight and clear bet

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
        Big win for Bernie. A couple of hours after he filed the lawsuit, the DNC backs off (or capitulates as he described it , lol). Embarrassing for DNC Wasserman-Schultz. Perhaps she will seek revenge by moving the next Democratic debate to Christmas Eve.
        Bernie is free that night.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I'm sure he will apologize if that's indeed what happened. Sanders has always been a man of integrity, why would he throw decades of that away on gaining a small bit of insight into Hillary's donor pool?

This doesn't remove the fact that the DNC and mainstream Democratic Party would absolutely like Sanders to go away and will use anything to further that objective.
          Sure they'd like to see Sanders go away, in their opinion, all it does is tear down the likely candidate, potentially exposing soft spots that the GOP can hit. OTOH, I think having a robust debate schedule is a good thing for HRC...it should expose any weak areas that she has, and allow here to work on them.

So what will you think of Bernie if he doesn't apologize?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Sure they'd like to see Sanders go away, in their opinion, all it does is tear down the likely candidate, potentially exposing soft spots that the GOP can hit. OTOH, I think having a robust debate schedule is a good thing for HRC...it should expose any weak areas that she has, and allow here to work on them.

So what will you think of Bernie if he doesn't apologize?
            Less of course, but that's not him.

Has everything regarding the incident been released?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Less of course, but that's not him.

Has everything regarding the incident been released?
              Seems to have been, but obviously it's still early. DNC vendor was patching software, allowed a door into the database. Sanders staffer found it (supposedly) and supervisor told several people to mine the data and store it. This was contrary to earliest reports that they just viewed the data. DNC found out, suspended Sanders campaign from the database, and shitstorm arose. Deal worked out last last night and now DNC and Sanders campaign throwing accusations around...HRC staff also joining in the fun.

Don't know where it'll go, but I'd have like to see Bernie get out in front of this personally...I might have missed it, but haven't seen that yet.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                I miss Howard Dean. He knew how to run the DNC. Wasserman-Schultz is overseeing the dismantling of the party. The crowning event will likely be running an unelectable candidate against the opponent the party most wants to defeat since Reagan.

J
                I really hope so. Because it seems many of the party leaders are working to dismantle the Republican Party.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Seems to have been, but obviously it's still early. DNC vendor was patching software, allowed a door into the database. Sanders staffer found it (supposedly) and supervisor told several people to mine the data and store it. This was contrary to earliest reports that they just viewed the data. DNC found out, suspended Sanders campaign from the database, and shitstorm arose. Deal worked out last last night and now DNC and Sanders campaign throwing accusations around...HRC staff also joining in the fun.

Don't know where it'll go, but I'd have like to see Bernie get out in front of this personally...I might have missed it, but haven't seen that yet.

I haven't heard anything else either. It doesn't surprise me that HRC staffers are jumping in on this. It just serves to illustrate the difference between hillary and Bernie. Bernie has always taken the high road when it's come to hillarys indiscretions, HRC... Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                    I haven't heard anything else either. It doesn't surprise me that HRC staffers are jumping in on this. It just serves to illustrate the difference between hillary and Bernie. Bernie has always taken the high road when it's come to hillarys indiscretions, HRC... Not so much.
                    Let's not get too carried away here...the Sanders staffers are actively firing off accusations like this:

“By their action, the leadership of the Democratic National Committee is now actively attempting to undermine our campaign,” Weaver said. “I think if you look at the pattern of conduct . . . it looks like in this case they’re trying to help the Clinton campaign.”
                    And let's not forget that the Sanders campaign DID steal the data, that point isn't debatable. Not exactly white hat behavior.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Let's not get too carried away here...the Sanders staffers are actively firing off accusations like this:

And let's not forget that the Sanders campaign DID steal the data, that point isn't debatable. Not exactly white hat behavior.
                      Two separate issues here. Yes, the Sanders campaign is on the wrong for stealing the data.
                      Secondly, their criticism of the entire process is valid. 6 debates vs 28 in 2008. Saturday night debates. A highly questionable over reach to the Sanders data theft. If I were in the Sanders campaign, I too would think the deck was very much stacked against me as well.

Comment

Personally, I don't think that stealing someone's intellectual property is a small thing, but your milage may vary.

If the Sanders campaign thinks that there has been too few debates, it's up to Bernie to pound away at it, and I haven't see any evidence that he's publicly done so. Get out in front with your message and keep hitting away at it..

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The DNC Vice Chair complained about the lack of debates.....DWS disinvited her to the Las Vegas debate. To think that the the chair of Hillary's 2008 campaign isn't skewing things her way is frankly naive

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                            The DNC Vice Chair complained about the lack of debates.....DWS disinvited her to the Las Vegas debate. To think that the the chair of Hillary's 2008 campaign isn't skewing things her way is frankly naive
                            Or totally disingenuous.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

No sense continuing this.....you see what you want to see.
                              Enjoy your Saturday night Dec 20th debate

Comment

Personally, I don't think that stealing someone's intellectual property is a small thing, but your milage may vary.

If the Sanders campaign thinks that there has been too few debates, it's up to Bernie to pound away at it, and I haven't see any evidence that he's publicly done so. Get out in front with your message and keep hitting away at it..

You have to admit, the DNC and status quo have done everything they can to grease the slide for HRC into the nomination.

Bernie comments regarding this are justified. He hasn't hammered her on anything controversial.

White hat? You think Bernie was aware? That he sanctioned this? He'll address it. No later than at the debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X