No announcement yet.

Beatles song draft II signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "In My Life" was a burn I might not recover from for a couple of rounds. Plus, my wife may whip my ass.

Comment

• I very, very, very seriously considered Strawberry Fields.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        You haven't listened to the White Album 3x? Wow

I don't like every song on the White Album.. A few skips for me on it.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Eleanor Rigby is the absolute quintessence of loneliness.

Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name
          Nobody came
          Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands as he walks from the grave
          No one was saved

Jesus, it could make me cry just reading those words.
          Agreed. Great great song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Agreed. Great great song.
            Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            "In My Life" was a burn I might not recover from for a couple of rounds. Plus, my wife may whip my ass.
            An excellent song but never registered as anything special for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
              "In My Life" was a burn I might not recover from for a couple of rounds. Plus, my wife may whip my ass.
              This was song we played for the mother-son dance at my wedding.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I don't like every song on the White Album.. A few skips for me on it.
                Me, too. Probably my 5th favorite album of theirs, which says something.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  Well, then don't listen to this:

yes that is crap

but I will always think of this with Telly Savalas

Comment

• I had four songs to consider, three once ElD took Come Together. I took that one that was least likely to "Get Back" to me.

Tip your veal. Enjoy your waitresses.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I debated between Revolution and Eleanor Rigby for my last pick. Eleanor Rigby is one of the most haunting songs ever written.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        I've been working up a piece on why music drafts attract people. If anyone is interested, I'll publish it on RJ when it is done. I'm not sure it will tell you guys anything you don't already know.
                        Publish it? I'll sum it up in 4 words: Nothing better to do.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          I'm working on a piece about people who read music draft threads without actually participating in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I'm working on a piece about people who read music draft threads without actually participating in them.
                            Same 4 words.

Not big enough Beatles fan to participate (though I think I might have done the first one...) but curious who's taking what and why.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              Music has been an extremely important part of my life. It brings me endless hours of joy. I believe others who participate in the drafts feel the same. It's fun to find others who share that passion and discuss our mutual love of music!

Comment

• "Help" would have been one of my next two picks. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X