No announcement yet.

Beatles song draft II signup/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Fabbest Four are all gone: Hey Jude, Tomorrow Never Knows, Let It Be, While My Guitar...
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      My Fabbest Four are all gone: Hey Jude, Tomorrow Never Knows, Let It Be, While My Guitar...
      None of those four even close to my top 15. "While my...". would be the closest. Although "Hey Jude". would be top 20 too
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        None of those four even close to my top 15. "While my...". would be the closest. Although "Hey Jude". would be top 20 too
        So it's like you have the 1.1 at 1.10!

Comment

So it's like you have the 1.1 at 1.10!
          Ha-ha! We will see.

There is one song that has been my favorite from the first time I heard it . will it make it to me?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

so Abbey Road medley is 8 songs - right?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Yes indeed.

Comment

Yes indeed.
                booooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Ha-ha! We will see.

There is one song that has been my favorite from the first time I heard it . will it make it to me?
                  I think I recall and I think it will.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Who is the rule keeper? you couldnt buy any of those songs individually - could you/

I will abide by the ruling of Lucky.

Comment

Who is the rule keeper? you couldnt buy any of those songs individually - could you/

I will abide by the ruling of Lucky.
                      As much as I appreciate the compliment, I don't relish the idea of being the rule keeper.

I will say this...I seem to remember someone saying earlier in one of our threads that medleys counted as the individual songs in them. If so, I'd be inclined to stay with that. Some of the medley stands on its own, some doesn't. Some I'd pick alone, some not. As a whole, one of the finest pieces of music ever, IMO, a certain top six pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        As much as I appreciate the compliment, I don't relish the idea of being the rule keeper.

I will say this...I seem to remember someone saying earlier in one of our threads that medleys counted as the individual songs in them. If so, I'd be inclined to stay with that. Some of the medley stands on its own, some doesn't. Some I'd pick alone, some not. As a whole, one of the finest pieces of music ever, IMO, a certain top six pick.
                        There are valid arguments either way, so the decision was to keep it the same as it was in the earlier draft -- each individual song is one pick. Revo made his pick based on this ruling, so it's not fair to change it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post

The Rule Keeper is always modest.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Three George songs in the first eight picks. I like it.

Comment

'Something' is #3 on my list.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Gregg, why aren't you in this?
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X