Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheGaffer is skipped again. Lucky up.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I know the Beatles are "deep" ... but damn. It's taken me no more than 5 minutes to make each pick without any prep.
      Quite shocked that Magical Mystery Tour made it to the 12th round. It's not a personal favorite so I wasn't itching to grab it, but I would have had to had it kept falling.

Comment

• The "My Mix" auto playlist on Youtube has been improved greatly since this draft started!

First song on the list: Hey Bulldog

Comment

• I was considering Eight Days a Week for a previous pick ...

Comment

• 'Eight Days a Week' is great 'value' but never would've ended up on my roster.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              'Eight Days a Week' is great 'value' but never would've ended up on my roster
              Fixed

Comment

• I'm back! Excuse my absence.

And for all of the moaning about Lennon here, the idea of bringing in Clapton is particularly boneheaded. Ever listen to more than 3 of Clapton's solo efforts (and I mean songs on an album, not a full 3 albums) in a row? Were you awake after the 3 songs? Great guitar player. A lot of his stuff is boring as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGaffer View Post
                  I'm back! Excuse my absence.

And for all of the moaning about Lennon here, the idea of bringing in Clapton is particularly boneheaded. Ever listen to more than 3 of Clapton's solo efforts (and I mean songs on an album, not a full 3 albums) in a row? Were you awake after the 3 songs? Great guitar player. A lot of his stuff is boring as shit.
                  Lucky will typo your ass!

Comment

• Attention Clapton bashers: Please include the requisite asterisk at the end of every Eric Clapton trashing. Examples:

I am just not a fan of Clapton in any way.*

Ever listen to more than 3 of Clapton's solo efforts in a row? Were you awake after the 3 songs?*

Great guitar player. A lot of his stuff is boring as shit.*

I hate that laughably overrated 80's Michelob commercial sell-out, and in a perfect world, his entire sh!tty recording catalog would be sealed in a trunk and plunged to the deepest depths of the ocean. With him in it.*

* Except for Derek And The Dominos' Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs.
                    Last edited by senorsheep; 10-28-2015, 05:17 PM.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Oh Cry Baby Cry ... forgot about that one.

Another I used to enjoy playing on the guitar when I was learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        13.02 Cry Baby Cry
                        Curiously, John dismissed this song as "rubbish" he ripped from a TV commercial. Then again, he ripped a lot of his own lesser-known Beatles songs that I really like (e.g And Your Bird Can Sing). Either he was a really poor judge of his own work, or he was intentionally dismissive of his Beatles contributions. Or maybe both.
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• If any of those comments are from the early '70s, I don't put too much stock in them. The drama around the Beatles breakup had soured him so much that in interviews around that time he claimed to hate pretty much everything Beatles-related. This was especially heightened when he was doing that primal scream therapy shit.

By 1976 he was hanging out with Paul again, so who knows how his attitudes shifted in the last 5 years of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGaffer View Post
                            I'm back! Excuse my absence.

It was a historical reference / jab at John. During the "Get Back" sessions, George became disenchanted and briefly "quit" the band. He was gone for a couple of days, which bogged things down slightly. John's idea was to bring in Eric Clapton to take his place. Hence, my dig at John was that they should have brought in Clapton to take his place instead.

Having said that, a) Clapton was an amazing guitarist from 1964 to 1973, the equal of anyone alive; he was a below average vocalist, and couldn't compose for shit; this is coming from probably the biggest Clapton fan on the board; his debut solo album was good; 461 was good; everything since has been awful; one excellent thing I can say about his various bands before 1974 is that every night was completely different...listen to Cream tapes from 1967, and one night will sound like a totally different band from the next, but every one amazing.

Comment

• everything since has been awful
                              Most of Slowhand is pretty good. "The Core" is one of the best songs of his career and doesn't get nearly as much attention as it should.

Comment

• Cry Baby Cry was a great pick, IMO. I had been toying with it for a while, and probably would have grabbed it next had it not been taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X