'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
    I think it's hilarious all this outrage over Sanders actually taking it to Hillary.

I guess you expected him to stand there and allow her to batter him and take it politely.

He was very polite for quite a while.

But at some point you have to fight back.
    Again, at the risk of being involved in a Brer' Rabbit situation, you keep repeating that Sanders was polite to HRC, and she was taking shots at him. I seem to recall it being the other way around. But that's the nature of supporting a particular candidate.

I recall him slamming her on the big banks, the speeches, her votes on the Iraqi war, and other hawkish activities. She swung back with his record on Guns, his lack of a plan to pay for all his free programs (and yes, he eventually came out with a detailed plan, one which most economists said wouldn't work), and various positions that he took in Congress that weren't exactly progressive.

She's been pretty quiet about him for the last month now...he hasn't returned the favor, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Again, at the risk of being involved in a Brer' Rabbit situation, you keep repeating that Sanders was polite to HRC, and she was taking shots at him. I seem to recall it being the other way around. But that's the nature of supporting a particular candidate.

I recall him slamming her on the big banks, the speeches, her votes on the Iraqi war, and other hawkish activities. She swung back with his record on Guns, his lack of a plan to pay for all his free programs (and yes, he eventually came out with a detailed plan, one which most economists said wouldn't work), and various positions that he took in Congress that weren't exactly progressive.

She's been pretty quiet about him for the last month now...he hasn't returned the favor, IMO.
      He questioned her on her record in office, never went personal. Never went emails or benghazi.

Yeah she's been quiet lately and maybe it is a matter of perception.

Bernie will get louder as the convention nears

Comment

He questioned her on her record in office, never went personal. Never went emails or benghazi.

Yeah she's been quiet lately and maybe it is a matter of perception.

Bernie will get louder as the convention nears
        That's just not true Brian...he sure did go emails.

WASHINGTON — Bernie Sanders is getting more aggressive with Hillary Clinton — and changing his tune on whether her use of a private email server is fair game on the campaign trail.

Sanders told the Wall Street Journal that there are “valid questions” about whether Clinton’s email practices foiled public-records requests or compromised classified information, a shift from his debate comments last month that he was “sick and tired” of the media’s focus on her “damn emails.”
        WASHINGTON — Bernie Sanders is getting more aggressive with Hillary Clinton — and changing his tune on whether her use of a private email server is fair game on the campaign trail. Sand…

-Warren Ellis

Comment

That's just not true Brian...he sure did go emails.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2424448
          Well I hadn't heard that.

Edit. He said they were fair game but did he actually take her to task over it?
          Last edited by Hodor; 05-22-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Lmao you guys are so desperate to paint Sanders in a negative light.

He never "went after" Clinton over the emails, he said they were fair game, but never questioned her or commented about them in an even slightly negative way.

FFS people

Comment

Lmao you guys are so desperate to paint Sanders in a negative light.

He never "went after" Clinton over the emails, he said they were fair game, but never questioned her or commented about them in an even slightly negative way.

FFS people
              Meh, even if he had, I'm sorry, that's clearly fair game. It's been pretty clearly documented that, at an absolute minimum, she violated State Department rules that her direct reports fired others for violating. It's also pretty clear that a number of those documents had levels of confidentiality - perhaps not national security, but certainly confidentiality - that shouldn't have been on a private, poorly protected server.

I mean, crap, Bernie accusing Hillary of using bad judgement because she violated common sense and didn't use the federally supplied server for email and data storage, and instead saved that stuff on a poorly protected private server? Well, of freaking course that's bad judgement. Duh.

That's a far cry from what Hillary supporters are trying to conflate this with - some on the right claiming she should go to jail for national security information that violates law being in those emails. That's a whole different topic, and the FBI is investigating. I'm neither a Hillary nor a Bernie supporter, and say that one has to go where the FBI indicates it should, when their investigation is done. But that's not what Bernie is accusing her of.

Bad judgement...yeah, that's a slam dunk. Bernie SHOULD be ripping her for this.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                You'll still be voting for the Wicked Witch of the East.......
                No, Jane is not running this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Meh, even if he had, I'm sorry, that's clearly fair game. It's been pretty clearly documented that, at an absolute minimum, she violated State Department rules that her direct reports fired others for violating. It's also pretty clear that a number of those documents had levels of confidentiality - perhaps not national security, but certainly confidentiality - that shouldn't have been on a private, poorly protected server.

I mean, crap, Bernie accusing Hillary of using bad judgement because she violated common sense and didn't use the federally supplied server for email and data storage, and instead saved that stuff on a poorly protected private server? Well, of freaking course that's bad judgement. Duh.

That's a far cry from what Hillary supporters are trying to conflate this with - some on the right claiming she should go to jail for national security information that violates law being in those emails. That's a whole different topic, and the FBI is investigating. I'm neither a Hillary nor a Bernie supporter, and say that one has to go where the FBI indicates it should, when their investigation is done. But that's not what Bernie is accusing her of.

Bad judgement...yeah, that's a slam dunk. Bernie SHOULD be ripping her for this.
                  The judgement issue is totally fair game for Bernie. But the fact remains that "Hillary for Prison 2016" is a rallying cry for many Berners, even though those with the slightest bit of legal education or the willingness to research know that no evidence has been made public which even suggests the elements of a crime. The case could not be any further than that of General Petraeus, for example. Add to this the the voting woes suffered by the Bernie fans, likewise not attributable to HRC. Yet the Sandernistas scream liar, cheater, criminal, murderer...is it ignorance, or do they simply not care what is true?

What Bernie's people seem not to have realized is that the HRC campaign has not taken any shots at him yet. They never felt they had to. They haven't gotten into his weird writings on adolescent sex, or his associations with groups so radical and violent that even the far left of his movement would not accept them. You can bet Donald will.

Comment

Reading your post, I realize how bad this really is. She violated a records storage rule of the department she heads up. Some of these records were confidential. She has not been charged with any type of crime, and it has not been shown that any damage was done, but people say she used bad judgement.

What a monster!

Comment

Lmao you guys are so desperate to paint Sanders in a negative light.

FFS people
                      Here is your direct quote:
                      Never went emails or benghazi
                      Never said that it was pejorative or not, simply that he did indeed "go after" the emails. Nothing more, nothing less.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Again, same thing I said to Brian...I never said that he should or shouldn't go after her, I only contradicted Doig's post that he never had done so. When he clearly had.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                          Reading your post, I realize how bad this really is. She violated a records storage rule of the department she heads up. Some of these records were confidential. She has not been charged with any type of crime, and it has not been shown that any damage was done, but people say she used bad judgement.

What a monster!
                          I didn't say she was a monster, or even implied it. However, it is fair game for political challenge, no?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I didn't say she was a monster, or even implied it. However, it is fair game for political challenge, no?
                            Absolutely. In my original post to your #680, I said it was "totally fair game". And it is. There is simply not much there unless one implies matters which are not supported by established facts. And that's where the Berners (and Trump) just can't help themselves.

Comment

Here is your direct quote:

Never said that it was pejorative or not, simply that he did indeed "go after" the emails. Nothing more, nothing less.
                              You and I clearly have different ideas of what "going after" means.

Comment

• Hodor: Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor? Hodor. Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor, “Hodor H ...

Comment

Working...
                                X