No announcement yet.

New RJ Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since the changes, my thread completion marking is all foo-bar'ed. i read to the bottom of a thread, and when i go back to the forum, it's not marked as read. and then sometimes it marks an entire forum as read (without me clicking on the 'Mark Forums Read' item).

is this just me, and some wonkiness in my browser/os? i'm using firefox on a mac, though i tried it on safari and got the same weirdness...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      since the changes, my thread completion marking is all foo-bar'ed. i read to the bottom of a thread, and when i go back to the forum, it's not marked as read. and then sometimes it marks an entire forum as read (without me clicking on the 'Mark Forums Read' item).

is this just me, and some wonkiness in my browser/os? i'm using firefox on a mac, though i tried it on safari and got the same weirdness...
      I haven't had any issues with threads marked as read (and didn't make any changes to that, BTW). What I think is happening is your browser doesn't accept the new cookies until after you return and thus may think you hadn't been here.

Comment

woo hoo!

I hacked a mod that now will show your favorite team logos, as you can see in my box. Right now I only have MLB & NFL teams, but I may add other sports teams soon.

Go into 'My Profile' and answer the Favorite MLB Team and Favorite NFL Team questions (even if you already had, just do it again to re-save it), and voila......hello icons.

Comment

Nice work --- I really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Nice work --- I really appreciate it
            Me too!!!! Thanks Revo!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              woo hoo!

I hacked a mod that now will show your favorite team logos, as you can see in my box. Right now I only have MLB & NFL teams, but I may add other sports teams soon.

Go into 'My Profile' and answer the Favorite MLB Team and Favorite NFL Team questions (even if you already had, just do it again to re-save it), and voila......hello icons.
              Awesome, thanks! Now if I can only convince you to swap out one of the Top 5 Worst Logos in Professional Sports for the handy version I created below:

Sized and ready to go at 50x40 if you want to humor me!

Comment

Not to be a pain but is there any way of switching off those team logos? I visit RJ at work occasionally *cough* and usually have all pics, avatars etc. switched off. The logos really, really stick out.

Really appreciate all the great work being done by you guys. Please don't take this as a complaint in any way.

Comment

Very cool changes so far!

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
                    Awesome, thanks! Now if I can only convince you to swap out one of the Top 5 Worst Logos in Professional Sports for the handy version I created below:

Sized and ready to go at 50x40 if you want to humor me!
                    Done. The logos came from some packaged developed mod -- I can change any of them.

Originally posted by amcg
                    Not to be a pain but is there any way of switching off those team logos? I visit RJ at work occasionally *cough* and usually have all pics, avatars etc. switched off. The logos really, really stick out.

Really appreciate all the great work being done by you guys. Please don't take this as a complaint in any way.
                    Hmmm...lemme look into that. I thought I saw on the vBulletin.org message board some way to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Done. The logos came from some packaged developed mod -- I can change any of them.

Nice -- thank you, much appreciated. I would not have been able to stare at that stupid lowercase "m" for long! That thing has been my nemesis since the day it was introduced in 1987.

Comment

Any chance NBA could be added as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Any chance NBA could be added as well?
                          I have to upload each logo manually (I don't have an automated FTP uploading program). So there's time involved in doing that. Eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                            Depending on your willingness to get a little dorky, you can do this on your own with a custom CSS file that simply tells your browser to hide various elements of the page. So:

.userinfo_extra {
                            display: none;
                            }

would just hide that whole block (including the team logos). The trick is figuring out how to do this which is going to vary in complexity depending on your browser. If you are a FF user there is an easy extention for this:

Download Stylish - Custom themes for any website for Firefox. Stylish lets you customize any website with custom user styles (themes for websites). Choose from the largest userstyles library to change the color scheme, background, and skin for Google, Facebook, YouTube and many, many more sites.

If you use Chrome or IE I think you need to create simple a text file and place it in the correct directory but there may be smoother options or extensions I'm not aware of.

Comment

My favorites have been added
                              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

It would be cool to add our college teams as favorites, but that might be too much.
                                拖裤子,
                                放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X