New RJ Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RJ Changes

I've been working with Jason on making some changes over the last few days (not that easy when you've never used vBulletin code!) but slowly but surely I will get some new stuff onboard.

Completed
    - new smilies added
    - Favorite teams in User Edit Profile and pics of favorite team logos in User Postbit
    - Facebook connectivity (big Facebook button at top of RJ home page)
    - Facebook 'Like' buttons in threads
    - added Facebook/Twitter/YouTube 'follow me' button to User Postbit (that's vBulletin speak for the section with your avatar when you post)

In Process
    - new color styles (you can check that out by using the drop down at the bottom left of the home page. Style is 'Revo.' It's a work in progress.)
    - mobile site?
    - new buttons
    - Thread descriptions

A bunch of other stuff....one step at a time.

If you have suggestions, or actually know how to use vBulletin coding, let me know!

:homerfalls:
    Last edited by revo; 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM.

Can you add an option to return to the default theme? The "red" is simply painful, while "revo" is a WIP as you mentioned. I'd like to get back to the soothing blues of the default.

p.s. cool that someone is working on stuff, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SenorSmoke View Post
      Can you add an option to return to the default theme? The "red" is simply painful, while "revo" is a WIP as you mentioned. I'd like to get back to the soothing blues of the default.

The default theme is the old theme, and nothing should have changed there. If it somehow did (it didn't for me), just go to the home page, use the drop down and click on 'Default.'

BTW, red came with the package -- it was always there. The 'revo' theme is the one I'm playing around with.

Comment

Yes, thanks to Revo for stepping up and helping me out with the backend stuff. I've frankly been terribly overwhelmed so I haven't had the chance to sit down and look at it.

Comment

Yea, you should be able to control your own theme through the panel in the bottom left corner. I still see the cold blue one

Comment

Hmmm, in my "Quick Style Chooser" I have two options only:

Quick Style Chooser
            Red
            Revo

but no cold blue or default. I'm rocking Red right now LOL.

ETA: I don't use VB but this is probably a permissions issue -- I'm guessing you guys can see the blue/default option because you're both admins.

Comment

Yes, I am rocking the red as well. No turning back.

That's ok. I'll make it work. Wasn't dazzled by the dull blue, either. I'm a lot more concerned with the meat than the bread anyway...
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Hmmm, in my "Quick Style Chooser" I have two options only:

Quick Style Chooser
                Red
                Revo

but no cold blue or default. I'm rocking Red right now LOL.

ETA: I don't use VB but this is probably a permissions issue -- I'm guessing you guys can see the blue/default option because you're both admins.
                Nope, my bad, Senor. For whatever the reason, I had the default clicked off. It's back now. Feel free to change it back.

I downloaded a few new styles I found on the vBulletin.org boards. I'll make some more changes to the 'revo' style before adding a couple of others.

I'm having an issue now where I don't know where to upload new images. Once I figure that out, we'll have the Facebook/Twitter follow me icons, as well as team logo icons. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please shoot me a PM.

Comment

Thanks. I like change of the more subtle variety For your images, this may help from the docs:

looks like there is a imgdir_misc variable that controls the image path for misc. images

Comment

Thanks. I like change of the more subtle variety For your images, this may help from the docs:

looks like there is a imgdir_misc variable that controls the image path for misc. images
                    Awesome. I've never written code before and the slightest, easiest thing may take me an hour to figure out (these vBulletin boards are populated by moderate users who don't need full explanations.) I usually have two windows open and go back and forth -- the Facebook link took me a day before I found proper directions. This vBulletin crap ain't easy.

Comment

I'm a programmer but never in VB -- I poked around the docs though and you are right there is a ton going on under the hood. On the theme end, it looks like they have a good template system and have encapsulated lots of stuff into PHP variables or what they call Stylevars.

Use the force, Luke.

Next up, a mobile theme!

Comment

I'm a programmer but never in VB -- I poked around the docs though and you are right there is a ton going on under the hood. On the theme end, it looks like they have a good template system and have encapsulated lots of stuff into PHP variables or what they call Stylevars.

Use the force, Luke.

Next up, a mobile theme!
                        I haven't looked around - is there a mobile vbulletin app? that would be very cool indeed.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          I haven't looked around - is there a mobile vbulletin app? that would be very cool indeed.
                          from what I read, a mobile theme for this version was just released and costs $99.

Comment

Whew......OK, just added the Facebook/Twitter/You Tube buttons beneath your avatar. Go into your My Profile page and add the URL for those pages, and then a little icon will appear under your avatar when you post. If someone clicks on the icons, it will take them to your Twitter/Facebook/YouTube page.

Jason gets a demerit for not telling a newbie he had a separate host site for his image folder. Five hours later, I finally asked the right question and found it.
                            :handwave:

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Whew......OK, just added the Facebook/Twitter/You Tube buttons beneath your avatar. Go into your My Profile page and add the URL for those pages, and then a little icon will appear under your avatar when you post. If someone clicks on the icons, it will take them to your Twitter/Facebook/YouTube page.

Jason gets a demerit for not telling a newbie he had a separate host site for his image folder. Five hours later, I finally asked the right question and found it.
                              :handwave:
                              Cool stuff! I added mine! Thanks Revo!

Comment

Working...
                              X