Return of the Travel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Better come to Oklahoma and talk to the Gov. She just signed the bill to stop Common Core. Not sure which side of the fence I'm on, I'm just glad I don't have any kids in the school systems right now.
    I only do east of the Mississippi River.

I feel like Common Core is like Obamacare. People hate the Obamacare name, but if you call it Healthcare for All, it polls better. This punting of the Common Core is purely political and if they called it something else, people wouldn't be undoing years of work like this.

Comment

Jacksonville's airport sucks. No diet Dew in the entire airport.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Jacksonville's airport sucks. No diet Dew in the entire airport.
        We went skiing in Mont Tremblant (Quebec) a couple of weeks ago. Their airport is a huge log cabin. You can smell the pine. It's awesome.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Well we were planning on Key West, but maybe plans have changed..... waiting to see if this is still available.....

Comment

I want to fly to Bonaire from Sac on Oct 31 - Nov 7. I accept that they are both not the most popular destinations and I'm going to have to make a couple of stops, but the travel times I'm coming up with are like 29 hours long! It seems like I should be able to work backwards, from Bonaire to Miami, to wherever to Sac and not have such crazy travel times. I've only looked at the normal travel sites (travelocity, expedia, kayak). Am I missing something? I tried making my trip days flexible thinking maybe I could shed some hours by allowing my arrival and departure to fit better with flight dates, but it hasn't worked.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I want to fly to Bonaire from Sac on Oct 31 - Nov 7. I accept that they are both not the most popular destinations and I'm going to have to make a couple of stops, but the travel times I'm coming up with are like 29 hours long! It seems like I should be able to work backwards, from Bonaire to Miami, to wherever to Sac and not have such crazy travel times. I've only looked at the normal travel sites (travelocity, expedia, kayak). Am I missing something? I tried making my trip days flexible thinking maybe I could shed some hours by allowing my arrival and departure to fit better with flight dates, but it hasn't worked.
              Try the red eye to Atlanta, connect to Aruba, and pick up a puddle jumper from there to Bonaire. I'd think you could do that in 14-16 hours, plus the time change. There's a flight that goes around 10 AM from Atlanta to Aruba, I think.

Comment

Try the red eye to Atlanta, connect to Aruba, and pick up a puddle jumper from there to Bonaire. I'd think you could do that in 14-16 hours, plus the time change. There's a flight that goes around 10 AM from Atlanta to Aruba, I think.
                i was thinking about a puddle jumper from aruba or curacao, I'm going for diving so I'll have a huge suitcase full of dive gear. is there a limit to what kind of luggage you can take on a flight like that?

Comment

yeah, ABC Islands they call 'em.

been to Aruba twice and had plane tix for Curacao on Sept 15, 2001. yeah, that didn't happen.

if you have a hotel in mind, the concierge may be able to offer you a creative option. they want to get you there.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

i was thinking about a puddle jumper from aruba or curacao, I'm going for diving so I'll have a huge suitcase full of dive gear. is there a limit to what kind of luggage you can take on a flight like that?
                    Hmmm...don't know there. I only snorkel, so my gear is a lot less.

Comment

Hmmm...don't know there. I only snorkel, so my gear is a lot less.
                      Bonaire is mostly all shore diving. the place we are staying is a condo and I get unlimited tank refills, so if I bring all my gear I can dive all week for "free".

Comment

Bonaire is mostly all shore diving. the place we are staying is a condo and I get unlimited tank refills, so if I bring all my gear I can dive all week for "free".
                        Suh-weeet!!

Comment

Veteran travelers - any of you use AirHelp? Www.getairhelp.com

Comment

would you all rather have a 4 hour longer stop over in one location or have 2 stops?

Bonaire -> Houston ... 9 hours ... Houston -> Sac. Total time 19 hours
                            Bonaire -> Houston ... 3 hours ... Houston -> LA ... 2 hours ... LA -> Sac. Total time 15 hours?

Comment

would you all rather have a 4 hour longer stop over in one location or have 2 stops?

Bonaire -> Houston ... 9 hours ... Houston -> Sac. Total time 19 hours
                              Bonaire -> Houston ... 3 hours ... Houston -> LA ... 2 hours ... LA -> Sac. Total time 15 hours?
                              I'd take the shorter trip with a double connection. Both those layovers give you plenty of time to connect, and I'd expect there's a lot of connections from LA to Sactown

Comment

one stop always. well, almost always.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X