*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    The Cannonball Run was always a favorite. I still can't help but watch if I happen upon it playing.
    The Longest Yard is my favorite "Classic Burt" movie, Smokey and the Bandit is #2, Boogie Nights for "modern Burt"

Deliverance is the best movie Burt has been in, but he's totally overshadowed by Jon Voight and Ned Beatty, hell, even by Ronny Cox
    Last edited by Fresno Bob; 09-06-2018, 03:46 PM.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Mac Miller, a rap music artist and producer has died. He was 26.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Mac Miller, a rap music artist and producer has died. He was 26.
        Who??
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Who??
          NSFW: language
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            NSFW: language
            That's pretty darn catchy!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Bill Daily, best known as "Major Healey" on I Dream of Jeannie, died at age 91. RIP.

Comment

• Marty Balin, one of the lead singers of Jefferson Airplane and solo artist (“Hearts”), died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Marty Balin, one of the lead singers of Jefferson Airplane and solo artist (“Hearts”), died at age 76. RIP.
                  Really enjoyed him back in the day. Gone to soon.

Comment

• Paul Allen, billionaire co-founder of Microsoft and owner of the Seattle Seahawks & Portland Trailblazers, died at age 65.

Comment

• Paul Allen has got to be one of the richest people to die in quite a while, right?
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        Paul Allen has got to be one of the richest people to die in quite a while, right?
                        Last year Liliane Bettencourt died (one of the principals of L'Oreal, inherited the company from her father who founded it) - was worth $44.3B when she died.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Last year Liliane Bettencourt died (one of the principals of L'Oreal, inherited the company from her father who founded it) - was worth $44.3B when she died.
                          unaware, thanks!

Comment

• Dennis Hof, owner of the Dennis Hof’s BunnyRanch, current GOP candidate for office and frequent Howard Stern Show guest, died at age 72.

Comment

• Notorious mobster Whitey Bulger was killed in a WV prison at age 89. Rot in hell!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Notorious mobster Whitey Bulger was killed in a WV prison at age 89. Rot in hell!
                                Hadn't they just moved him? Sounds......odd......
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X