Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Bruno Sammartino.
    One of professional wrestling's biggest stars during the 60's and 70's and a Pittsburgh hometown favorite. Bruno Sammartino set a world record in the bench press with a lift of 565 pounds in 1959. Bruno was also proud of the fact that he sold out Madison Square Garden more times than Frank Sinatra. In 2017, his original home town of Pizzoferrato, Italy which he and his family left for Pittsburgh when he was 15, dedicated a statue in his honor. He was 82 years old. RIP Bruno.

Last edited by madducks; 04-18-2018, 10:29 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Verne Troyer, who played Mini-Me in two of the Austin Powers comedy films, has died at the age of 49. RIP.

His death was reported on his instagram account with a reference to depression and suicide being very serious issues. Very sad.
      Last edited by madducks; 06-09-2018, 06:38 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane in the Superman movies of the 1970s and 1980s, died at age 69.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Margot Kidder, who played Lois Lane in the Superman movies of the 1970s and 1980s, died at age 69.
          Good memories. She set the tone for many superhero movies to follow.

Superman: "Easy, miss. I've got you."

Lois: "You...You've got me? Who's got you?!"

Comment

• Danny Kirwan, early Fleetwood Mac guitarist, died in London on Friday, according to the band. He was 68 years old. RIP

Eunice Gayson, the first "Bond girl" who played Sylvia Trench in "Dr. No" and "From Russia With Love" has passed away according to a tweet from the franchise's page. She was 90 years old. RIP

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• WWE wrestler Big Van Vader dead at 63.

Comment

• Richard Harrison, “The Old Man” from ‘Pawn Stars’ died at age 77. RIP.

Comment

• Dan Ingram, longtime DJ on New York area stations WCBS-FM, WABC and WALK died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

• Joe Jackson, Father of Michael, Janet, and The Jackson Five. He was 89 years old.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Harlan Ellison passed away earlier today.

I saw him speak at a lecture way back in the 80's; super-cantankerous but hugely entertaining - I remember needing to go to the can but not daring to 'cause anyone who got up got a full treatment from him. He was really something.

For those who don't know him, he was a sci-fi writer, who worked in all kinds of media ... he wrote the City on the Edge of Forever episode from the original Star Trek.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Alan Longmuir, bassist for the Bay City Rollers, died at age 70. RIP.

Comment

• Nancy Sinatra, the first wife of singer Frank Sinatra, died Friday at the age of 101, according to her daughter also named Nancy. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former NHL goalie Ray Emery drowned in Lake Ontario today. He was 35. RIP.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• WWF legend Nikolai Volkoff died at age 70. Back in the pre-internet days, when knowing the real name of wrestlers was like finding out a state secret, we used to joke that he was an "Italian from Staten Island" (he was really from Croatia), RIP.

Strangely, two other WWF wrestlers also died today:
                              Brickhouse Brown, 57
                              Brian Christopher Lawler, 46

RIP

Comment

• Adrian Cronauer, the Vietnam DJ who inspired Robin Williams' character in "Good Morning, Vietnam" died at the age of 79.

Comment

Working...
                                X