Your Favorite Christmas Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Must Be Tonight - Daryl Hall And Shelby Lynn

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:59 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

An all but forgotten classic from one of the pioneers of rap music.

Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:00 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow! This thread has over 2,000 views since last Christmas. Raise your hand if you were listening to Christmas music this summer.

This is my new favorite version of this song:

Butch Walker - Last Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:01 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's one that i just recently found:

The Killers - A Great Big Sled

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:02 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

An amazing new talent. This guy's voice seems so effortless and natural.

Jordan Smith - O Holy Night

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:02 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Western PA native B.E. Taylor's annual Christmas concert tour was immensely popular here in PA, Ohio, and West Virginia and was also aired nationally on PBS. The B.E. Taylor group also achieved national fame in the early eighties with their hit song "Vitamin L". The video received regular airplay on MTV. Sadly, B.E. Taylor died of an inoperable brain tumor in August 2016 at the age of 65. He will be missed here in Western PA.

B.E. Taylor - Joy To The World

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:14 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Christmas and guitar never sounded so good together.

Kenny Wayne Shepard - Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:15 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This guitar instrumental has a little bit of a doo-wop sound giving it a nostalgic feel.

Gary Hoey - Merry Little Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:16 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Santa's a little bit creepy in this 1973 video but the song has stood up well over time.

Wizard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:17 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

What happens when you combine Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein" with a bunch of Christmas carols? One, you get a very cheesy video. Two, you get a pretty cool song called "Frankincense". It's attributed to the Prog World Orchestra, but it appears to be arranged and mostly performed by Bill Hubauer.

Comment

This still makes me feel Christmas-y:

Bonus points if you can still identify all these fresh-faced young lads.
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          This still makes me feel Christmas-y:

Bonus points if you can still identify all these fresh-faced young lads.
                          Sting - Bono - George Michaels of Police - U2 and Wham....... if I recall these fresh faces.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            Sting - Bono - George Michaels of Police - U2 and Wham....... if I recall these fresh faces.
                            Well, yeah, those are the easy ones. I meant in the entire video.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Well, yeah, those are the easy ones. I meant in the entire video.
                              yep -
                              bob geldof before song
                              john taylor - duran duran
                              Gordon - Sting

starts with Paul Young - crooner superstar in UK - replaced with Robby Williams
                              Boy George
                              George Michael of Wham UK
                              Simon Lebon
                              Sting
                              ABC guy - or Spandau Ballet guy - Martin?
                              Bono
                              Phil Collins - was member of Genesis when they were kind of cool
                              Paul Weller - the coolest cat of all so far
                              U2 and culture club guys in front of boards
                              Malcom McLaren - buffalo gals - and johnny rotten producer

Must stop - I need to eat lunch now

I was a new wave hipster in art/architecture school in the early 80s and lived and breathed this stuff 24 hours a day

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                                yep -
                                bob geldof before song
                                john taylor - duran duran
                                Gordon - Sting

starts with Paul Young - crooner superstar in UK - replaced with Robby Williams
                                Boy George
                                George Michael of Wham UK
                                Simon Lebon
                                Sting
                                ABC guy - or Spandau Ballet guy - Martin?
                                Bono
                                Phil Collins - was member of Genesis when they were kind of cool
                                Paul Weller - the coolest cat of all so far
                                U2 and culture club guys in front of boards
                                Malcom McLaren - buffalo gals - and johnny rotten producer

Must stop - I need to eat lunch now

I was a new wave hipster in art/architecture school in the early 80s and lived and breathed this stuff 24 hours a day
                                Who's the blonde toothy guy playing guitar front and center at 1:48? He's the only prominent player I can't place.

Comment

Working...
                                X