No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Christmas Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordin Sparks from the "The Best Man Holiday" soundtrack. Mariah who?

Jordin Sparks - Christmas Time To Me

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:52 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Frank Tedesco And Zach Heyde - Sleigh Ride Duet
      Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:58 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        These guys make this ho-hum song sound a lot better than the other versions.

Good. But not my style for this song.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Good. But not my style for this song.
          Then post a video that fits your style.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I am a huge traditionalist when it comes to Christmas classics.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

I am a huge traditionalist when it comes to Christmas classics.
              Same here. I like the Bing Crosby one too. Something about the old timers that feels Christmas-y to me.

Comment

• Rod Syewart - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 02:59 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Rod the Mod!
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Western Pennsylvania has got talent! These musicians are all from Western PA bands and the lead singer Clinton Clegg is from a neighboring town in my area. They all do a great job on this song.

Clinton Clegg - That Spirit Of Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:00 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• We're digging deep now with this extremely rare track. John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band recorded this Christmas song at Normandy Sound in Warren, Rhode Island in 1987. It was only released as a cassette demo for local radio stations and later in 1988 as a limited run of 45 (rpm) records for local clubs which are now coveted by collectors.

John Cafferty And The Beaver Brown Band - All Around The World

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:01 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The modern version of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" lol.

Fitz And The Tantrums - Santa Stole My Lady

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:02 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A long forgotten 1983 song from this Vancouver, British Columbia group who dealt with strong U.S. radio resistance to their name. The Payolas lack of State-side exposure was attributed in some quarters to the possibility that American radio programmers were refusing to play any Payolas music simply because the band's name would remind the public of one of the radio industry's greatest scandals (and its ongoing practices).

The Payolas - Christmas Is Coming

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:03 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This song would make a great soundtrack for a Christmas slasher flick. I find it to be eerily cool.

Spectrals - It's Xmas And I've Got Everything I Want

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:04 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "In Dulci Jubilo" ("In sweet rejoicing") is a traditional Christmas carol. The original song text, a macaronic alternation of Medieval German and Latin, is thought to have been written by the German mystic Heinrich Seuse circa 1328. According to folklore, Seuse heard angels sing these words and joined them in a dance of worship.

There have been a number of translations of the Latin/German poem into English. The most popular that keeps the macaronic structure is R. L. de Pearsall's 1837 translation, which retains the Latin phrases and substitutes English for German.

There are numerous choral performances of this song. This instrumental arrangement of the Pearsall version by English musician Mike Oldfield, reached number 4 in the UK Singles Chart in January 1976.

Mike Oldfield - In Dolci Jubilo

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 03:06 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• When I was a kid, I loved Little Drummer Boy.

Now, I just find it boring and repetitive and boring and repetitive and repetitive.
                                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                                X