Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting map: what thanksgiving food people google most in each state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    No way this is real. Pumpkin roll? The fuck?
    ^this. never heard of it.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      well I think the thread title is misleading people. I think it's more of a regression... what is most looked at within that state while not being looked at in other states... so what recipe is most unique to the state in question.
      Yep, the map shows the dish that is searched the most per capita in that state compared to other states. So, in North Dakota, more people are googling "cookie salad" that in any other state, per capita.

Now, how do you make corn pudding again?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        Potato filling from my great state of PA. It's mashed potatoes and filling (stuffing/dressing for you non-locals) mixed together. It's not that good. I've had 5 of these at Thanksgivings. The one I'm most likely to avoid...Funeral Potatoes.

Anything with the word funeral in it shouldn't be eaten.
        My mom's family is from PA and that's the stuffing we get. They just call it stuffing, so I didn't realize that's what they were talking about. It's a lot blander than most stuffing that I've tasted, but it's what I'm use to and what I like. Heck, it's all just an excuse to make it civil for me to get gravy from my plate to my mouth, otherwise I would just drink it from the ladle.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          ^this. never heard of it.
          I've had pumpkin roll before - it's like a cake rolled up with a filling of some sort. My friend's mother used to bake a lot of different rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            No way this is real. Pumpkin roll? The fuck?
            If you're anything more than a baker from the Duncan Hines box, you know what a "roll" is. A pumpkin one, I imagine, is pretty good.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              My mom's family is from PA and that's the stuffing we get. They just call it stuffing, so I didn't realize that's what they were talking about. It's a lot blander than most stuffing that I've tasted, but it's what I'm use to and what I like. Heck, it's all just an excuse to make it civil for me to get gravy from my plate to my mouth, otherwise I would just drink it from the ladle.
              I don't think it inappropriate to use a coffee cup to hold your beverage of choice. If that happens to be a cup of gravy who are we to judge. Just make sure you hold your pinky up as if drinking at High tea and you should be good to go.

Comment

bacon-wrapped turkey

aka "The Mummy"
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If you're anything more than a baker from the Duncan Hines box, you know what a "roll" is. A pumpkin one, I imagine, is pretty good.

Yeah, we were at a funeral today, and when we went back to their house, they had a pumpkin roll..... I have had them many times. They are pretty good.

Comment

The one I'm most likely to avoid...Funeral Potatoes.

Anything with the word funeral in it shouldn't be eaten.
                    they're actually really good. we change it up by putting green chile in them. they're also called "mormon potatoes" because any mormon potluck (including funerals) you go to will have at least one of these, and usually several. that and several kinds of jello salad.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

That was hilarious!

Comment

Based on this map, I made the Cream Cheese Corn....awesome! At least some state knows what they're doing!

Comment

Amazingly, after making rolls and a pumpkin pie this year for the family Thanksgiving Dinner, my sister turned to me and suggested "You should make a pumpkin roll next year."
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Amazingly, after making rolls and a pumpkin pie this year for the family Thanksgiving Dinner, my sister turned to me and suggested "You should make a pumpkin roll next year."
                            My sisters new boyfriend made a pumpkin/ginger roll for Thanksgiving, never had it before but it was pretty good. wish I would have had a pie though
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

they're round, it shouldn't be that hard.

where's steve when you need him ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X