Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting map: what thanksgiving food people google most in each state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting map: what thanksgiving food people google most in each state.

Frog eye salad did not sound inviting. Now I have seen a picture of it and I still don't want it.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Its just ambrosia with pasta.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Man, I must be very Northeast centric -- I don't have a frickin' clue what pretty much the rest of the country outside the northeast is searching for. Dirt pudding? Frog eye salad? Pig pickin cake?

Comment

I've tried a persimmon since I've been out here. I wasn't particularly impressed.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Illinois wanting that special Thanksgiving traditional Hawaiian Salad recipe. What?!

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I've tried a persimmon since I've been out here. I wasn't particularly impressed.
              growing up with a persimmon tree, I'll concur, persimmons suck
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                Frog eye salad did not sound inviting. Now I have seen a picture of it and I still don't want it.
                that looks and sounds like dog vomit....

here's what I want for Thanksgiving.....Turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing with cranberries, pecans, and bacon in it, gravy made from the turkey drippings, green beans with almonds, pumpkin pie.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Man, I must be very Northeast centric -- I don't have a frickin' clue what pretty much the rest of the country outside the northeast is searching for. Dirt pudding? Frog eye salad? Pig pickin cake?

Dirt pudding is simple.... basically crushed Oreos over pudding.

I googled the pig pickin' salad.... turns out that is mandarin orange cake? .....

Comment

I have heard of dirt pudding. Deer jerky I have never tried nor would I have though of it as a a Thanksgiving meal item.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I lived in Indiana for 28 years and never until today heard of persimmon pudding. On the other hand after 16 years in Michigan I guarantee you that you cannot attend any family gathering without having 2 or more people bring dishes of chessy potatoes.
                      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

turkey
                        stuffing
                        mashed potatoes
                        carrots
                        green beans
                        peas
                        pumpkin or apple pie

that might be everything right there
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, creamed peas and cauliflower, homemade rolls, banana bread, pumpkin pie, pecan pie will be our yearly traditional feast.

Comment

well I think the thread title is misleading people. I think it's more of a regression... what is most looked at within that state while not being looked at in other states... so what recipe is most unique to the state in question.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Potato filling from my great state of PA. It's mashed potatoes and filling (stuffing/dressing for you non-locals) mixed together. It's not that good. I've had 5 of these at Thanksgivings. The one I'm most likely to avoid...Funeral Potatoes.

Anything with the word funeral in it shouldn't be eaten.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X