X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla ... 2D of 3D?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      This weekend, saw "Million-Dollar Arm" about the 2 kids from India that entered a contest and got MLB contracts. It was enjoyable and you dont have to be a baseball fan to enjoy it. Probably wont win awards but I thought it was well-done. And according to the actual people portrayed, it was about 80% historically accurate.
      yep, I saw it last night & agree. Good movie, not a ton of baseball stuff, but entertaining.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        yeah, i'll be bummed if godzilla sucks, like FB said. my kids have been looking forward to it for a month or so...
        I didn't think it sucked, just wasn't as good as i had hoped.
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Godzilla ... 2D of 3D?
          2D...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            hmm... I preferred Pacific Rim.
            I kept waiting for someone to yell, "It punched the highlights out of her hair!"
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              2D...
              I went with the intention of seeing Godzilla, and chose "The Two Faces of January" instead. Kirsten Dust was always going to win that battle.

Also, 20th anniversary showing of Pulp Fiction tomorrow night! Stoked!

Comment

• i watched Requiem for a Dream again last night. i had forgotten what a fantastic movie that is.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

i watched Requiem for a Dream again last night. i had forgotten what a fantastic movie that is.
                  I've scrolled past it on Netflix a few times. Looking for the right mood to watch it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I've scrolled past it on Netflix a few times. Looking for the right mood to watch it again.
                    yeah, it's not one you want to watch lightly.
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

i watched Requiem for a Dream again last night. i had forgotten what a fantastic movie that is.
                      Got in late one night during a work trip and this one was on HBO - probably not the best choice when hoping to fall asleep right away but damn is it a good movie.

On that same trip I saw the first hour and 15 minutes of Philomena on a plane before the in-flight entertainment ended. Finally got to finish it this afternoon and came away quite satisfied. Both Judi Dench and Steve Coogan are excellent and the story really is pretty heartbreaking.

Comment

• watched Pi again. has some flaws, but a pretty good movie.

watched most of Prisoners tonight, though i missed the first 30 minutes or so. not great, but not bad.

Comment

watched Pi again. has some flaws, but a pretty good movie.

watched most of Prisoners tonight, though i missed the first 30 minutes or so. not great, but not bad.
                          I like the soundtrack to "Pi" a lot

Comment

• Bullet to the Head is an awful movie. that is all.

Comment

Bullet to the Head is an awful movie. that is all.
                              The John Woo version where Hong Kong hipsters end up in Vietnam is awesome

Comment

• Edge of Tomorrow was freakin' awesome. Best action movie I've seen in years!

Comment

Working...
                                X