It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
    The movie itself was awful, but the special effects were excellent.
    I keep thinking it was being ironic ... The Day After Tomorrow was basically the same movie (same Director), but without as much stupidity.

Comment

• watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind again tonight. i think it's a fantastic movie and arguably jim carrey's best.

am in the middle of watching The Grey. most unexceelent, IMHO...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        am in the middle of watching The Grey. most unexceelent, IMHO...
        I thought The Grey was pretty good ... and that the first half was the best part

The plane crash was awesome on the big screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          I thought The Grey was pretty good ... and that the first half was the best part

The plane crash was awesome on the big screen.
          i did like the plane crash. but everything after that was unconvincing to me. maybe i just wasn't in the right mood. i found the story uncompelling, and the wolves weren't particularly believable...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

i did like the plane crash. but everything after that was unconvincing to me. maybe i just wasn't in the right mood. i found the story uncompelling, and the wolves weren't particularly believable...
            You don't want this guy visiting you. Always brings me to tears.

Last edited by JudeBaldo; 02-10-2013, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I agree with you. I am not sure exactly how, but I came a way with the feelings that it could have been so much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Oh, saw Moonrise Kingdom the other day and it was quirky Andersonian fun, second only to Royal Tenenbaums in my book. The youthful love story was sweet at times, awkward at others and there were a ton of funny and heartwarming parts. Highly recommended if you're a fan of Wes Anderson.
                Just saw this yesterday. It's not in the same league as Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums, but it's just below them. I enjoyed it. If you like Wes Anderson films, you'll like this, if you don't, you won't.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  You don't want this guy visiting you. Always brings me to tears.

"well how does he get away with it then" ... "we don't know"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I agree with you. I am not sure exactly how, but I came a way with the feelings that it could have been so much more.
                    Yep, it was a movie whose initial impact was so powerful because of how realistic it was...and then over the course of the movie is just became more and more far-fetched, culminating with the completely unbelievable scene near the end. If they had stuck with a series of events that actually could have transpired it would have maintained its momentum IMO. That being said, the plane crash scene alone was worth the price of admission.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Yep, it was a movie whose initial impact was so powerful because of how realistic it was...and then over the course of the movie is just became more and more far-fetched, culminating with the completely unbelievable scene near the end. If they had stuck with a series of events that actually could have transpired it would have maintained its momentum IMO. That being said, the plane crash scene alone was worth the price of admission.
                      Hmmm, I never thought to compare The Grey (as far as likeability) with 2012 until I saw them together in this thread. Both had some good special effects moments, both were pretty bad movies. If I had to pick one to watch again, I would pick 2012. That is not saying much.

Comment

• Well, finally got around to seeing Seven Psychopaths and I loved it almost as much as In Bruges. Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson are both hilarious as the true psychopaths and Walken had some funny parts as well. Colin Farrell did a good job of keeping things somewhat grounded and I loved the movie about a movie plot (not surprisingly, Adaptation is one of my favorite movies of all-time).

Hoping to pick up The Perks of Being a Wallflower today at Blockbuster, otherwise it'll finally be time to see Looper.

Comment

• I have "In Bruges" sitting on my tv shelf right now
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            Hoping to pick up The Perks of Being a Wallflower today at Blockbuster, otherwise it'll finally be time to see Looper.
                            Awesome and awesome.

Comment

• Die Hard 5 ... or whatever ... sucks so bad it's almost funny..

2/10 ... deserves 1/10 but I'll bump it a point for destroying more cars in a car chase than I've ever seen before.

So bad.

Comment

• Just saw Looper and loved it. Reminded me of Children of Men with time travel added.

The thing about it is, the stuff about time travel and dystopia are window dressing*. They're vehicles to make points about selfishness and sacrifice.

* -- The filmmaker even acknowlegdes that time travel is incidental to the story by having Bruce Willis say that how it all works is "cloudy."
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X