No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw Skyfall last night. I loved it. Went in expecting a lot and it still was a homerun.

Comment

• Searching for Sugar Man - terrific documentary. 95% on RT and 8/10 on IMDB. Bizarre, uplifting and sad all at the same time. If you were to make this up, no-one would believe you. The galling thing is that Rodriguez played Belfast almost exactly one month ago and I knew nothing about it! GUTTED! I meant to watch this a couple of months ago too. Such a bad beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Dark Knight Rises ... Awful.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
        Just saw Dark Knight Rises tonight, and while I won't say it was terrible, there were some major plot points that were just eye-rollingly ridiculous.

Comment

• Family movie night double feature last night:

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein
          Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy

I hadn't send either of these and my 7 year old really enjoyed them.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Family movie night double feature last night:

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein
            Abbott and Costello meet the Mummy

I hadn't send either of these and my 7 year old really enjoyed them.
            I just love Abbott and Costello meets Frantkenstein! Just a great old movie.

Comment

• Found a movie called Transsiberian in a bizarre random Internety way. Turns out to be a top notch suspense thrilller ... old fashioned in a way ... the kind of movie they don't make anymore. Stars Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer and Ben Kingsley. Worth a shot if you like suspense thrillers.
              Last edited by johnnya24; 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Searching for Sugar Man - terrific documentary. 95% on RT and 8/10 on IMDB. Bizarre, uplifting and sad all at the same time. If you were to make this up, no-one would believe you. The galling thing is that Rodriguez played Belfast almost exactly one month ago and I knew nothing about it! GUTTED! I meant to watch this a couple of months ago too. Such a bad beat.
                I've been wanting to see this ever since the "60 Minutes' tv show aired a story about him. The DVD will be out on January 22.

Here's the "60 minutes" clip on Rodriguez.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And his David Letterman clip.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Searching for Sugar Man trailer:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Found a movie called Transsiberian in a bizarre random Internety way. Turns out to be a top notch suspense thrilller ... old fashioned in a way ... the kind of movie they don't make anymore. Stars Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer and Ben Kingsley. Worth a shot if you like suspense thrillers.
                      "The Comfort of Strangers" is in the same vein if you havent seen that
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• We watched In Bruges last night. Acting was great. Filmed nicely. The set up took way too long. We almost bailed on it. While I am not disappointed that I stayed with it, I would not watch it again. Also kind of predictable. Seemed like the director tried way to hard to make it "art" for "arts" sake rather than a good movie. It ends up failing on both fronts turning what is good about the movie into just a very average movie with no reason to watch it again.

I had no expectations going in. Found it just flipping through the stations. When it was over I thought this could have been so much more. It was really the first half that brought the whole thing down.

Comment

• Watched "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" last night. Very nice movie.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            We watched In Bruges last night. Acting was great. Filmed nicely. The set up took way too long. We almost bailed on it. While I am not disappointed that I stayed with it, I would not watch it again. Also kind of predictable. Seemed like the director tried way to hard to make it "art" for "arts" sake rather than a good movie. It ends up failing on both fronts turning what is good about the movie into just a very average movie with no reason to watch it again.

I had no expectations going in. Found it just flipping through the stations. When it was over I thought this could have been so much more. It was really the first half that brought the whole thing down.
                            Hmm... that's what I thought about 7 Psychopaths (same director), but I loved In Bruges. I thought it was hysterical, and yet very tender at times.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Hmm... that's what I thought about 7 Psychopaths (same director), but I loved In Bruges. I thought it was hysterical, and yet very tender at times.
                              I laughed out loud twice, and found a few other moments smile worthy. While I agree there were some tender moments, none of them happened in the first half hour to forty five minutes.

Comment

• Watched "The Big Lebowski" again this afternoon. Great movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X