No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw The Raid recently. It's a hyper-violent kung fu flick. Its likely in very limited release but well worth tracking down, if you are into this type of movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
      From everything I've read it is pretty accurate.
      Got my day started off with a good laugh. thanks.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Can we put terrible movies in this thread?

Recently saw Wall Street Money Never Sleeps and it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a while. Every scene without Michael Douglas was total crap and should have been left on the editing room floor.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          from Wikipedia:

Accuracy
          Palin said Game Change was based on a "false narrative" and that she did not intend to see it.[12] The film, and the book it is based upon, has been described by John and Cindy McCain as inaccurate.[13] Like Palin, McCain said he did not intend to see it.[11] The Hollywood Reporter noted that the film's top talent and executives donated US$200,000 to Democratic causes and none to Republicans.[14]
          However, Steve Schmidt, the campaign's chief strategist, stated: "Ten weeks of the campaign are condensed into a two-hour movie. But it tells the truth of the campaign. That is the story of what happened."[15] He later said that watching the film was tantamount to "an out-of-body experience."[16]
          Nicolle Wallace, a chief Palin 2008 aide, said she found Game Change highly credible, saying the film "captured the spirit and emotion of the campaign."[15] Wallace also told ABC News Chief Political Correspondent George Stephanopoulos that the film was "true enough to make me squirm."[17]

Melissa Farman, who played Bristol Palin, said it was never the film's intention to portray Sarah Palin in a negative light because the film was not meant to be about Palin, but about "politics at large" and what it means to be a politician in this era.[18]
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Wasn't Schmidt the guy who leaked "diva" stories about Palin during the campaign?
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              YOU are absolutely, most, very, totally, without a doubt, graciously welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Drive was pretty good and Gosling was very impressive, but what was up with the music?
                This movie was really bizarre. The first half was a snorefest, and Gosling's character was strange, taking like 20 seconds to register any kind of response. The second half was great, however,.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  This movie was really bizarre. The first half was a snorefest, and Gosling's character was strange, taking like 20 seconds to register any kind of response. The second half was great, however,.....

That movie sucked. Beginning to end was suckage. Gosling's character behaved as if he was slowed with a mental disablity.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Just watched the Descendents and really liked it. I would call it an adult movie. No action, no suspense, little comedy but just a good 2 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      That movie sucked. Beginning to end was suckage. Gosling's character behaved as if he was slowed with a mental disablity.
                      I kind of thought that as well, but in the movie's 2nd half, that all changed. I did think he was some kind of savant, so I'm not disagreeing with you. I would not recommend this movie, but ultimately, I liked it more than I disliked it -- even if I could never believe Albert Brooks as a gangster.

Comment

• Haywire - that's an hour of my life I won't get back. It was looking more like an hour and a half of my life wasted, but I just turned it off. I'll be grateful of those extra 30 minutes one day. Horrible, horrible movie. Soderbergh is ripping himself off now.
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 04-19-2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Review of Lockout:

I'm sitting in the cinema posting on Rj and reading nullnor threads. It's that bad.

Edit ... and It's getting worse. If I leave now can I get my money back.
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Review of Lockout:

I'm sitting in the cinema posting on Rj and reading nullnor threads. It's that bad.

Edit ... and It's getting worse. If I leave now can I get my money back.

on what kind of phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              on what kind of phone?
                              Well its more up to date than the ones they apparently use in 2079.

Comment

• Guy pierce and the psycho scotsman are watchable ... luc besson sucks.

Edit: one of the worst movies ever.
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X