It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i was watching dances with wolves with Kevin Costner. when in the beginning no-one could shoot him.. my TV reception sucks. and Wyatt Earp, he never got shot either.

i'm just sayin' Kevin Costner is typecast to be to be impervious to bullets.
    I don't think he was shot in Bull Durham either!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Soul is most excellent.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Gal Gadot is Israel's greatest export right now. she always does the right thing. I read this article when it came out for free on google but it's pay now. https://www.haaretz.com/life/film/.p...erve-1.9402422 the writer slams his country a little but makes great points about the actress. -surprisingly a lot of ways to get around pay walls is but clicking x on your browser before it finishes loading. going thru google, or in the old days you could click a print icon. there are things worth subscribing too, the Athletic the Atlantic.

so with apprehension after the bad reviews of WW84 I saw it. and it did it for me. it was a very good movie.

it helps to be open to the idea of girl power and the directors message. but all the T's were crossed and I's dotted.

there are two really great things about Wonder Woman. 1) she really has no enemy. no nemesis or etc.. there is no real villain in her movies. her message is that evil and doubt doesn't exist unless you allow it. 2) she's basically one of the top ten most powerful heroes in the DC universe. and you can make arguments she can be number one. she's a demi-god. Wonder Woman has never actually tapped into her full potential. for example, her Lasso of Truth weapon, is the best symbol of where she finds strength. in the first movie it was when Steve Trevor faced greater odds than her but had faith. which made her stronger and more powers of her emerged. in the second movie, again she had no villain, except doubt. and she has to rely on the strength of the community to use and discover her powers. thus, another origin story. which are always the best stories.

so it was a good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post

so with apprehension after the bad reviews of WW84 I saw it. and it did it for me. it was a very good movie.

it helps to be open to the idea of girl power and the directors message. but all the T's were crossed and I's Gadoted
          fixed.

I tried to get my wife and daughter to watch it last night. I was soundly outvoted. They were shocked that I would dare suggest it. They also assumed I read the reviews.

Comment

• maybe they are in fighting mode. it's not actually a bad idea to have WW84 be a mother and daughter thing. based on experience I can say I never should've insisted watching Thelma and Louise with my GF and mother. but totally different movies but I can give my approval for WW84 to be very safe and educational. even though you haven't seen it, you should suggest, from a friend who is an expert on gender studies, it makes a fine mother and daughter movie.

Comment

• Was googling for some new visualization ideas and saw this graphic come up. What the fuck was Gold Spy: Secret Showdown?!? Nothing even comes up in a web search.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Was googling for some new visualization ideas and saw this graphic come up. What the fuck was Gold Spy: Secret Showdown?!? Nothing even comes up in a web search.

because it is a secret?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  because it is a secret?
                  to everyone but the Taiwanese I guess.

Comment

to everyone but the Taiwanese I guess.
                    Maybe it is a training film for Taiwanese spies and they are not very good at it? Evidenced by their listing it as one of their favorites.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Fatman with Mel Gibson? It was filmed a year ago in the town where I teach and lived for 8 years, 30 mins from where I live now. There are scenes in local restaurants, the highway exit I use now, and the high school where I teach.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        Has anyone seen Fatman with Mel Gibson? It was filmed a year ago in the town where I teach and lived for 8 years, 30 mins from where I live now. There are scenes in local restaurants, the highway exit I use now, and the high school where I teach.
                        We did. We got a couple of laughs out of it. Better than a Lifetime movie but not good enough to go in the annual Christmas rotation.

For us it is cool to see/visit locations that we see in the movies. Planes Trains and Automobiles and Home Alone are two of our big ones. Some Weird Science car scenes were filmed outside a duplex I was renting back in the day. Glad you shared this. Just told Mrs. Gregg she thought it was neat too.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Has anyone seen Fatman with Mel Gibson? It was filmed a year ago in the town where I teach and lived for 8 years, 30 mins from where I live now. There are scenes in local restaurants, the highway exit I use now, and the high school where I teach.
                          I think the backgrounds scenes and restaurants were the only passable part of that movie. It was terrrrrible. Worse than a lifetime movie for me. It didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama/suspense, it kept switching between and never committed. The acting was ridiculously bad.

After watching it someone asked me my favorite Christmas movie and I told them I have a few favorites so it's hard to narrow down, but it's pretty easy to list my least favorite.

The location was the only redeeming part.

Comment

• I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life

Comment

I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life
                              Mods please move this to the "exceelent movies I haven't seen lately" thread
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                We did. We got a couple of laughs out of it. Better than a Lifetime movie but not good enough to go in the annual Christmas rotation.

For us it is cool to see/visit locations that we see in the movies. Planes Trains and Automobiles and Home Alone are two of our big ones. Some Weird Science car scenes were filmed outside a duplex I was renting back in the day. Glad you shared this. Just told Mrs. Gregg she thought it was neat too.
                                Yeah, it was pretty dark and vulgar - caught me offguard. I didn't want to put a spoiler in the OP. They filmed Metal Tornado on the same street several years ago but it's harder to recognize.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I think the backgrounds scenes and restaurants were the only passable part of that movie. It was terrrrrible. Worse than a lifetime movie for me. It didn't know if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama/suspense, it kept switching between and never committed. The acting was ridiculously bad.

After watching it someone asked me my favorite Christmas movie and I told them I have a few favorites so it's hard to narrow down, but it's pretty easy to list my least favorite.

The location was the only redeeming part.
                                Yeah, I've been telling people it isn't worth watching unless you want to pick out the scenery. They have been shopping the script since 2005 and I did think it was a neat, dark twist, but not well executed.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X