No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greyhound on Apple TV+ was most exceelent, if you love war flicks. This one is wire to wire intensity. If you're looking for 'character development' and other 'fluff' like that, this one is not for you. But if you want pulse pounding tension from start to finish, just throwing you right in there, you'll love it. And it's just 90 minutes long.

Comment

• Anyone excited about Tenet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Anyone excited about Tenet?
        Yes, very.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Anyone excited about Tenet?
          very... wondering if I'm really going to a theater to see it. Wondering if I am really not going to go to a theater and miss it!
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The Blackout, it's a Russian film. aliens. 4 out of 5 stars.

Greenland, 4 out of 5 stars. because it was an original idea.

Leave no Trace, 5 out of 5 stars. powerful movie about a father living in the woods with his daughter. no apocalyptic stuff. best survivalist movie I've ever seen. not how but why.

Children of Men, 4.5 out of 5 stars. it's an older movie. hadn't seen it before. it's like the movie Book of Eli with Denzel Washington. the immigration scenes and overall strife seem prophetic.

on a lighter note a space comedy called Other Space, it ran for one season 8 episodes. it's free. I discovered it researching recently why people were obsessing over the AT&T woman's boobs. https://watchdust.com/otherspace again, it's free. it gave me the idea of trying to talk like matthew mcconaughey. ..alright, alright, alright..

during this trying time I think we should enact the matthew mcconaughey challenge and only speak like him in his movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              very... wondering if I'm really going to a theater to see it. Wondering if I am really not going to go to a theater and miss it!
              I just heard about how Christopher Nolan adamantly refused to allow Tenet to be screened in any other setting than a theater. I've seen reviewers refusing to review it because they prioritize their safety over reviewing the movie. The whole thing is unbelievable to me.

What a pompous asshole, spreading coronavirus to satiate his massive ego. I would have seen Tenet at some point, but I won't now. That's pure garbage from Nolan. How is this different from Trump, or organizers of the Sturgis biker rally?
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Just Mercy is an excellent film but a hard watch. It stirs up so many emotions.

It made me so angry and sad. We have come a long way, and still have a long way to go.

Michael B. Jordan was terrific as the Harvard Lawyer. Jamie Foxx was his usual great acting self.

I am glad I watched it, would recommend it. I do not need to see it again...unless it was with my activist daughter. Hmm...I think I just changed my mind typing this. I am going to ask her to watch it with me.

Comment

• I watched the Borat sequel on Amazon Prime last night. It's less entertaining and more cringy than the first one, but it was a good sequel. I'm most excited that the impression I developed a few years ago is now relevant. High five!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I made not one, but two attempts to watch Adam Sandler's "Hubie Halloween" on Netflix. Just pathetic, and given the quality of the actors in it, it gets an F-. Sandler almost literally picked the pockets of Netflix with his exclusive 5-movie deal, which besides Uncut Gems was complete garbage.

Comment

• I don't think that Adam Sandler has made a good movie in about 20 years. Maybe longer. Sandler and Eddie Murphy should seriously consider ditching their movie careers and returning to full-time gigs on SNL.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        I don't think that Adam Sandler has made a good movie in about 20 years. Maybe longer. Sandler and Eddie Murphy should seriously consider ditching their movie careers and returning to full-time gigs on SNL.
                        Uncut Gems was very good, but yeah the rest was garbage.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Oh no, Sean Connery RIP

Comment

• Outpost on Netflix was surprisingly most exceelent. If you're a war movie aficionado, this movie is definitely for you. It's the story of the Battle of Kamdesh in Afghanistan in 2009, and the book was written by none other than CNN's Jake Tapper.

Comment

• i was watching dances with wolves with Kevin Costner. when in the beginning no-one could shoot him.. my TV reception sucks. and Wyatt Earp, he never got shot either.

i'm just sayin' Kevin Costner is typecast to be to be impervious to bullets.

Comment

• the truly great thing about dances with wolves is the native americans were thinking, 'look at this gringo in the middle of nowhere acting like he knows what he is doing. it's his bravery that endeared him to them. and his stupidity, thinking he could make a difference which resulted in creating a common bond with the Indians.

the answer to every question ever proposed in life is simple, 'as many as there are stars in the sky'.

Comment

Working...
                                X