It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Let it be known that I'm holding you personally responsible for these 5 bucks I'm about to spend.
    I'm sure you'll find Chris Hemsworth's abs worth the $5 alone....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Blade Runner 2049 was fantastic if you liked the first one. It really feels like a sequel - the music is similar, it has the same slow pace and beautiful vistas - it's like a movie from the 80s with modern effects.

If you go, try to go to one of the fancy new Dolby theaters. The sound and image quality/contrast are amazing.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Blade Runner 2049 was fantastic if you liked the first one. It really feels like a sequel - the music is similar, it has the same slow pace and beautiful vistas - it's like a movie from the 80s with modern effects.

If you go, try to go to one of the fancy new Dolby theaters. The sound and image quality/contrast are amazing.
        we saw it on the IMAX theatre, worth the extra bucks
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight Otter
          Saw Thor:Ragnarok last night. Very enjoyable movie! Very funny!
          Saw that last weekend - very fun.

Watched Baby Driver last night and loved it. More style than substance since the story of a good guy mixed up with criminals is well-traveled but sometimes all a genre needs is someone to come along and do it better than the rest.

Comment

• I did not see Daddy's Home, have no desire to see Daddy's Home. The previews look stupid to me.

Now they have Daddy's Home 2...are you kidding me!

Ok so here is the thing. The previews made laugh. I think I am going to have to go see if Daddy's Home 2 can be a guilty pleasure. Has the previews made any of you laugh or want to see the movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I did not see Daddy's Home, have no desire to see Daddy's Home. The previews look stupid to me.

Ok so here is the thing. The previews made laugh. I think I am going to have to go see if Daddy's Home 2 can be a guilty pleasure. Has the previews made any of you laugh or want to see the movie?
              Nope.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Nope.
                So Boo 2 is out of the question...

Comment

• If you like old time horror movies Dementia 13 was a lot of fun.

It is a remake of of the 1963 film by the same name. Roger Corman gave Francis Coppola 9 days and use of his actors to make it.

This movie was beautifully filmed had a bit of late 70's early 80's vibe to it. Some creepy moments, with a few jumpers toss in a loose who done it and a pretty fun ride.

Comment

I did not see Daddy's Home, have no desire to see Daddy's Home. The previews look stupid to me.

I enjoyed Daddys Home. I didnt see it in the theater. Will not pay to see the 2nd one either, but will probably watch it at some point.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Murder on the Orient Express was a snooze-fest although the cinematography and costume designs were good.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Justice League was good. some of the reviews said it wasn't. but i liked how they all seemed to have their own issues. when you're a superhero you don't think you need anyone else. it might not be as good as watching Thor and the Hulk get a long, or Ironman and Captain America, but they had their moments. plus i got to see Wonder Woman again, which is the main draw for me. i like her jungle backround music. someone needs to make a tape of like new age music, and include WW themes in it, so you can dress your GF up and have sex to it.

Comment

• I watched "Annie Hall" for the first time over the weekend. Enjoyed it immensely.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Murder on the Orient Express was a snooze-fest although the cinematography and costume designs were good.
                            Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it was going to be good. It was our next target for movie night. I will pass.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it was going to be good. It was our next target for movie night. I will pass.
                              So you will pass on a movie just because one guy on a message board didn't like it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                I watched "Annie Hall" for the first time over the weekend. Enjoyed it immensely.
                                I don't remember anything about it except I saw it when it first came out and liked it better than I thought I was going to.

I have DVR'd My Cousin Vinny for the Thanksgiving weekend movie marathon.

Comment

Working...
                                X