Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    47% of Trump voters think Putin is doing a better job than Biden. (Edit: that number was 62% just one month ago) It's not just "individuals". After all these years of the psychotic crap the Republicans have foisted upon the people, surely we all realize it's not just some "individuals", don't we? Huge swaths of them support sedition and violence. Huge swaths of them support(ed) Russia simply because Dear Leader did, too. I guess fortunately there are fewer who will still stick with that viewpoint now that even the densest GOP sycophant must realize what a murderous autocrat Putin is. Edit: Republican support for Russia as "an ally of the US" more than doubled after the idiots elected the former guy.
    Just curious, where did you get the 47% number?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Just curious, where did you get the 47% number?

The American public is remarkably united in opposition to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, with 74 percent saying it's not justified and 76 percent expressing an unfavorable opinion of Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

what's going on here. this is the best you guys can do, blame it on Trump? come on. stop thinking politics and like Vin Diesel in triple X and think PlayStation and blow things up. it's what it's come to. how about some military strategy. it's a horrible event.

WWI was a horrible event. yet it remade the boundaries of countries. from our current armchair quarterbacking. perhaps NATO expansion isn't such a great idea.

the worst story I ever heard from the Ukraine during some of the worst Russian thing, was like Mao. when he starved 40 million ppl because yes men were too afraid to tell them there wasn't enough food. children in Ukraine climbed on top of stoves that didn't work, begging their mothers for food. and she had to choose between which child she could help survive.

all wars are continuations of previous wars.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          what's going on here. this is the best you guys can do, blame it on Trump? come on. stop thinking politics and like Vin Diesel in triple X and think PlayStation and blow things up. it's what it's come to. how about some military strategy. it's a horrible event.

WWI was a horrible event. yet it remade the boundaries of countries. from our current armchair quarterbacking. perhaps NATO expansion isn't such a great idea.

the worst story I ever heard from the Ukraine during some of the worst Russian thing, was like Mao. when he starved 40 million ppl because yes men were too afraid to tell them there wasn't enough food. children in Ukraine climbed on top of stoves that didn't work, begging their mothers for food. and she had to choose between which child she could help survive.

all wars are continuations of previous wars.
          I don't see anyone blaming this invasion on Trump-Care to specifically list who in here has blamed trump for the invasion?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

There is a 40-mile long Russian convoy headed to Kyiv. Putin and his enablers should burn in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                There is a 40-mile long Russian convoy headed to Kyiv. Putin and his enablers should burn in hell.
                It is tough, because when you are a small dog fighting a bear, you want to fight to stay alive, fighting enough for the bear to give up on what he thought would be an easy meal and go away, but you fear that if you fight too hard, cross a line, the that bear is going to come at you harder. I don't know what fury would have come down on Ukraine for this, but it sure would make sense to booby trap a road that could be used by a convoy. An air strike on that long line of aggression must be tempting too, if they could pull it off.

Comment

Russia gets booted off Twitter and anti-Biden and pro-trucker convoy posts drop about 99%.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Russia gets booted off Twitter and anti-Biden and pro-trucker convoy posts drop about 99%.
                    You’re still on Twitter? Don’t you know that Truth Social launched? What are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      What are you doing?
                      Currently?

Posting on rotojunkie

Comment

Maybe Rotojunkie is Truth Social.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I have found a couple useful resources on Twitter that I thought I would share. I don't know whether either is accurate, but at least they are more interesting and informative than the mainstream US outlets.

First one is DRM Journal (https://twitter.com/remilitari), who is posting a daily battle territory map of Ukraine:

The other is Kamil Galeev (https://twitter.com/kamilkazani), who is giving his insights into Putin's motivations. Particularly this thread from a couple days ago:

Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 03-01-2022, 02:27 PM.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Maybe Rotojunkie is Truth.
                            Maybe
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There's some loser maga douche from Texas who is out fighting for Russia against Ukraine right now as we speak. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                I have found a couple useful resources on Twitter that I thought I would share. I don't know whether either is accurate, but at least they are more interesting and informative than the mainstream US outlets.
                                interesting twitter thread. I don't have any idea if any of the info available is accurate either. Or if anyone understands Putin's goals. I just hope it ends quickly.
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X