Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revo
    replied
    Hope everyone bought puts or sold $DJT short since it's debut last week. Stock is plummeting like a stone after it released its financial data to the SEC showing it only generated $4m in revenues while adding $58m in debts last year. It's a perfect metaphor for the TFG campaign!

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Here's a clip that goes over this Supreme Court issue.

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

So I am not a Trump fan, but is the decision to allow him on the Colorado ballot related to immunity for his crimes ? I think those are separate issues
    You're right, separate issues. Following the Trump crime cases literally looks like the Charlie from Always Sunny meme, very hard to follow all the threads.

I believe in the insurrection case, Trump tried to claim Presidential immunity for any actions taken as POTUS. As stupid as this claim is, the SC has chosen to take the question of full immunity up, thereby delaying that case by as much as 2 months. Trump is clearly fucked in the 91 criminal counts he's facing, but if he wins... It all goes away. As per usual, Trump wins.

Biden's giving him a pardon every day he aids and abets genocide with blank checks.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

The Supreme Court has decided to take up Trump's ludicrous attempt to use Presidential immunity to absolve him of all crimes.

This is procedural BS, but it's a huge win for Trump. It pushes the election interference case back close to election day, and surely another delay or two will push it, and all the other criminal cases against Trump, beyond election day.

The only case that's scheduled to wrap before November is the hush money case, and nobody cares about that one.
    So I am not a Trump fan, but is the decision to allow him on the Colorado ballot related to immunity for his crimes ? I think those are separate issues

Leave a comment:

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    The Supreme Court ruled Monday that former President Donald Trump should appear on the ballot in Colorado​.
    The Supreme Court has decided to take up Trump's ludicrous attempt to use Presidential immunity to absolve him of all crimes.

This is procedural BS, but it's a huge win for Trump. It pushes the election interference case back close to election day, and surely another delay or two will push it, and all the other criminal cases against Trump, beyond election day.

The only case that's scheduled to wrap before November is the hush money case, and nobody cares about that one.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    The Supreme Court ruled Monday that former President Donald Trump should appear on the ballot in Colorado​.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by heyelander View Post

"...and it's deep too!"
    I like them French fried potaters

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    It's gotta be the shoes.

Leave a comment:

• heyelander
    replied

I love bridges and rivers, but I do no measurements.
    "...and it's deep too!"

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied

Kinda cruel that you didn't let your brother visit Binghamton. Hopefully one of his 5 teams won as a consolation prize.
    I mean, he was already accepted into Michigan which was his first choice anyway as I recall so it seemed an unnecessary trip. I don’t recall who won that fantasy league, alas.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I’ve been to Binghamton once. My lasting memory is that we had dropped off my brother at Michigan to start college and we took the long way back through Canada. We drove through Binghamton because my brother has also considered that school and my mom wanted to see it. And I was not paying attention because I was using the newspaper to calculate fantasy football scores from the league my brother and I started where there was no trading allowed but we each drafted 5 teams.

True (and uninteresting) story.
    Kinda cruel that you didn't let your brother visit Binghamton. Hopefully one of his 5 teams won as a consolation prize.

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    Some powerful words from Liz Cheney:

GOP former Rep. Liz Cheney on Sunday warned of a Republican Party “Putin-wing” after former President Donald Trump responded to the death of outspoken Kremlin critic Alexey Navalny without actually mentioning him or Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“We have to take seriously the extent to which you’ve now got a Putin-wing of the Republican Party. I believe the issue this election cycle is making sure that the Putin-wing of the Republican Party does not take over the West Wing of the White House,” Cheney told CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union.”

“When you think about Donald Trump, for example, pledging retribution, what Vladimir Putin did to Navalny is what retribution looks like in a country where a leader is not subject to the rule of law,” Cheney said Sunday.

The former president earlier this month also said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines and would not offer such a country US protection – a stance that NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said “undermines all of our security, including that of the US, and puts American and European soldiers at increased risk.”

“He’s basically made clear that under a Trump administration, the United States is unlikely to keep its NATO commitments,” Cheney said. She called Trump’s comments “dangerous” and said they show “a complete lack of understanding of America’s role in the world.”

Last edited by madducks; 02-19-2024, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Trump introduced his new sneaker line today. They're priced at $399 a pair. Maybe he will start wearing them for court appearances lol.

Air Traitors

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied
    I’ve been to Binghamton once. My lasting memory is that we had dropped off my brother at Michigan to start college and we took the long way back through Canada. We drove through Binghamton because my brother has also considered that school and my mom wanted to see it. And I was not paying attention because I was using the newspaper to calculate fantasy football scores from the league my brother and I started where there was no trading allowed but we each drafted 5 teams.

True (and uninteresting) story.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Fuck, I love Trump's sneakers , but why am I going to Binghamton?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X