Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    "Off the top of my head ..."

... and almost everything on that list is irrelevant when it comes to fundamental political or economic issues.
    Most Americans are too dumb to understand those, so they argue about that other stuff instead.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      Most Americans are too dumb to understand those, so they argue about that other stuff instead.
      It's not just Americans. This is becoming the way of things everywhere.

Comment

I thought this was a decent article. 14 years in and we still have no idea what we are doing or how we are going to win. Unless the whole point is for people to make money off it, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

The devastation of the Médecins Sans Frontières hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan by an American AC-130 gunship is a microcosm of much that is wrong with U.S. policies across the entire region: in a couple of words -- America's allies.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

there is no "winning" in Afghanistan, at this point, we should consider it our permanent "live fire training" zone
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            there is no "winning" in Afghanistan, at this point, we should consider it our permanent "live fire training" zone
            The world is our live fire training zone
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              The world is our live fire training zone
              You'll be on Mars soon.

Comment

I thought this was a decent article. 14 years in and we still have no idea what we are doing or how we are going to win. Unless the whole point is for people to make money off it, that seems like a reasonable explanation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-...b_8264068.html
                I think a lot of Sanders platform isn't feasible fiscally, but he is the only one of the 20 candidates that is against all of this war mongering. That alone is making me seriously consider supporting him.
                I had high hopes for President Obama being less of a war hawk than he turned out to be (how many different countries have we bombed during the last 7 years?). I am confident if any of the GOP people got it in, they would go way beyond what Obama has done. Hillary would likely be too. Maybe 4 years of a Commander-in-Chief that isn't itching to blow stuff up is what we need.

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                    How so?
                    I think my position of us having less of a footprint in the world is a logical one. I keep the same view regardless of which party is in charge. The sooner we stop bombing stuff, I think the better off things will be in the world.
                    Originally posted by nots View Post
                    I think a lot of Sanders platform isn't feasible fiscally, but he is the only one of the 20 candidates that is against all of this war mongering. That alone is making me seriously consider supporting him.
                    I had high hopes for President Obama being less of a war hawk than he turned out to be (how many different countries have we bombed during the last 7 years?). I am confident if any of the GOP people got it in, they would go way beyond what Obama has done. Hillary would likely be too. Maybe 4 years of a Commander-in-Chief that isn't itching to blow stuff up is what we need.
                    Bump.
                    I can't find any of my other posts on drones, but I think this thread sums up my thoughts. The post is from Oct, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                      The administration's current plan (announced last June) is to reduce the troop levels to 68,000 by this September, and to have a full withdrawal by the end of 2014. The Press Secretary said that the recent events have not led to a change in the timetable.
                      The shit is hitting the fan now, as it always was going to do. What a fucking waste.

At just short of 20 years, the now-ending U.S. combat mission in Afghanistan was America's longest war.
                      Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 08-15-2021, 10:48 PM.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The shit is hitting the fan now, as it always was going to do. What a fucking waste.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-ea...130cd683e1a38f
                        It's just sickening, and hilarious hypocrites slamming Biden after praising Trump for setting the table.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          It's just sickening, and hilarious hypocrites slamming Biden after praising Trump for setting the table.
                          I suppose that is par for the course. The whole 20 years was nothing but a bunch of lies and bullshit. Biden has no responsibility at all in my opinion, he got handed a clusterfuck. Nothing he could do. Just ripping off the bandaid.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barry-...b_8264068.html
                            this article was from almost six years ago. Below is the second paragraph, it's worth reading again, although somewhat infuriating. I'm mostly just shocked that someone in our government was willing to accept the reality of the situation and get out. A lot of people made a lot of money supporting this shitshow.
                            What prompted the incredibly lethal hospital attack was a call for air support by Afghan troops battling to retake Kunduz from the Taliban. Incredibly, just a few hundred Taliban fighters had been able to capture the city a few days earlier. This despite the hundreds of billions of dollars, the U.S.-led coalition had spent to train and equip the Afghan army, local militias and police over the past few years.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                              The administration's current plan (announced last June) is to reduce the troop levels to 68,000 by this September, and to have a full withdrawal by the end of 2014. The Press Secretary said that the recent events have not led to a change in the timetable.
                              also, lol. Who believed that ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm not sure what could have been done to avoid this outcome. I'm not sure what the fuck we were doing there for 20 years, either. Absolute train wreck for two decades all the way to the end. Poorly handled by four administrations and at what cost?
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X